VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    FYI I just bought a 100 memorex DVD-R at office Depot for $30 USD.

This is the media code according to Dvd Decrypter:

Manufacturer ID: RITEKF1

Now I'm down to just over 50 +R office depot brand blanks and they are Ricoh if I remember correctly. I haven't had any problems with my OD discs so here's hoping I get lucky with these ritek.

Sale is good through 7-15-06 and includes both the - and + R 100 packs. I don't know the media code for the + R discs I only bought the 100 pack -R discs.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Verbatim 50 pack 16x DVD+R MCC03/04 I think $14.99 at BESTBUY so 100 for $30 isn't a big saving deal
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well so far it looked good. I got a 7 minute burn at 16x and it looked in synch on my pc dvd player (powerdvd).

So here's hoping. I got off pretty lucky on my office depot brand discs so I should do well on my Memorex discs.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What's the media id on those office depot dvd media?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My +R office depot 16x id codes is as follows: (from dvd decrypter)

Disc ID: RICOHJPN-R03-04

As I said I haven't had any problems with the office depot brand +R and so far the -R memorex look ok.

EDIT - The memorex brand that is on sale has this id code:

RITEKF1
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll have to try those Office Depot RICOHJPN-R03-04 sometime. Someone gave me a spindle of DVD+R Maxell with media id RITEK1. It didn't burn well with the Pioneer 111L drive or my Benq drives.
    Quote Quote