VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I used DVD Fab version 8.2.2.8 to decode, then use DVD Shrink version 3.2.0.15 with IMGBurn version 2.5.7.0 to burn to DVD-R.

At about 77% encoding, DVD Shrink says "out of memory" not enough storage is available to process this command" My computer has 750GB memory. Not sure why.

Space required is 4,464 MB
    Space available in folder is 182,040 MB
    Should be plenty

Is it because movie is too new (just released a month ago) and DVD Fab couldn't rip the protection?
    Last edited by jyeh74; 18th Apr 2013 at 18:45.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    750GB? GIGABYTES?????

Maybe you mean MB or you are using a mainframe or a cluster of about 30-50 PCs.

A web search (Can you not just look yourself?) shows that various things can cause this.
    1) A copy protection problem. If you are not using the most recent DVD Fab, this might be it.
    2) You need a bigger paging file under Windows.
    3) DVD Shrink is somehow (no explanation given) unable to shrink your contents under 4.7 GB. It's suggested that you remove extras.

After almost 10 years of membership and 750 or so posts, would you really not rather use DVD Rebuilder? It produces higher quality output than DVD Shrink.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Never used DVD Rebuilder. Since I've been here, most people say a combination of DVD Fab Decrypter + DVD Shrink + IMGBurn works.
    So far, these 3 have never failed, until now.

I will play with DVD Rebuilder and see if I can use it to get the 8GB movie DVD Fab outputted to a DVD-R (DVD5)
    Quote Quote  
  4. I think the OP means 750GB of HDD space.

I would say the problem is DVDFab, it didn't strip all the copy protections. Try AnyDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's more likely you have 750GB hard drive space rather than memory. They are not the same thing. I don't think either of them are the cause of your problem though. Do as jman98 suggests and try DVD Rebulder, it's free.

Moviegeek beat me to it!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, I meant 750GB hard drive. Ok, it was referring to memory.

The AnyDVD is a 21 day trial version. Not sure if it allows you to remove anything with the free version.

There is nothing in the AnyDVD folder

Structural copy protection not found.
    RCE protection not found.
    UDF filesystem patched!
    Autorun not found on Video DVD.
    Removed CSS copy protection!
    Bad sector protection not found.
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes the trial version of AnyDVD is fully functional, just run it in the background and use DVDShrink.
    Quote Quote  
  8. So you don't have to 'convert or run' anything with AnyDVD? Just click OK and run DVDShrink?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jyeh74 View Post
    Never used DVD Rebuilder. Since I've been here, most people say a combination of DVD Fab Decrypter + DVD Shrink + IMGBurn works.
    That's advice for newbies. You're not a newbie. You've got enough experience to try DVD Rebuilder. I'm not criticizing you for using DVD Shrink, I'm just suggesting that you have enough experience to try something that provides better quality but is not as user friendly as DVD Shrink.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by jyeh74 View Post
    Never used DVD Rebuilder. Since I've been here, most people say a combination of DVD Fab Decrypter + DVD Shrink + IMGBurn works.
    That's advice for newbies. You're not a newbie. You've got enough experience to try DVD Rebuilder. I'm not criticizing you for using DVD Shrink, I'm just suggesting that you have enough experience to try something that provides better quality but is not as user friendly as DVD Shrink.
    jman98, no offense taken. The reason I liked DVDShrink, was that it is easy to use. I just remove all the languages and subtitles other than English. It shows the % increasing or decreasing as you delete/add stuff.

A few questions below. Not sure what to put working path as.

Source Path = where I have the VIDEO_TS folder (after I used DVD Fab 9)
    Working Path = ? I put my desktop
    Output Path = I will put on my desktop

With DVD Rebuilder, it only allows me to select the audio streams and subtitles from the main movie, not from the extras. Am I missing something? Under Video Title Sets, it only has VTS_02, which I think is the main movie. It should select everything, including the extras and chapter and menu selections no?
    Last edited by jyeh74; 18th Apr 2013 at 21:45.
    Quote Quote  
  11. When I try to backup DVD, it says "the input directory is already small enough to fit on a DVD-5. NO compression necessary. Continue anyways?"

When I click YES, nothing happens.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Desktop and other similar area's of the os are not area's designated for mass storage and can cause program errors and other problems ... redirect path to c:\ for output and try again
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by jyeh74 View Post
    So you don't have to 'convert or run' anything with AnyDVD? Just click OK and run DVDShrink?
    In order to combat some structural protections, Slysoft (AnyDVD) advise copying a disc to a folder before any other actions.
    It sounds like it is a latest release with a new copy protection mechanism which has not been 'explored' yet.
    Give it a few days and upgrade DVDFab or AnyDVD. Don't run AnyDVD or DVDFab at the same time.
    Quote Quote