VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Jagabo, and others,
    Ok, i set up and view the duplicate on tv.
    But there is a gliltch. Forgetting is the main problem of human , as described by Robert Lynd in my school days books.
    If i forgot to swith the mode to pc only from the duplicate i would select, then the computer would boot, but would not show a thing, as the signal wuld be passsed on to tv and if the tv is off nothing will display.
    Even if the tv is on, you can only show the windows desktop.
    here I want a kind of bat file that would auto change the display mode or display settings of the monitor mode back to pc only.
    i would add the bat to the scheduled task on every login to auto reverse to default the monitor mode to this pc only from any options i would have selected while running windows.
    this bat would be helpful to me to avoid.
    i have seen some software, but not a bat file to do this task.
    This way the users could just watch the tv when required and then close the pc as usual, as the bat would restore the default monitor mode.
    any help in this regard would be valluable help to me and to the other users
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi, jagabo, will create a new thread
    Quote Quote  
  3. Go to your BIOS and change the primary display device to the IGP. The computer will always boot to the laptop's screen.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, i enclose the options in my bios.
    The nvidia card is shown in first boot screen, followed by the bios usual screen.
    please advise, as the default is set to peg/pci
    the other options , i have given in the enclosure
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bios options.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	57481  

Quote Quote  
  5. I think the middle one. But try them all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, jagabo, the splitter arrived and I connected correctly as you say, by 3 hdmi cables. Tried to duplicate . The problem is that while video plays correctly in Tv, the audio does not.
    I found the tv icon, in playback tab, in sounds, gives me this .
    nvidia High Definition Audio as not plugged in.
    I tried so many troubleshooting, but still it does not get the life to be able to play it through the tv.As the Tv is getting video signal, I presume that the wires are well connected.
    I uninstalled but while uninstalling, it asks you to restart, resulting in found new hardware and installing drivers from update. Even allowing the driver updates, the problem still remains.
    I think, that I must disconnect the internet and try to install with the dirvers that came with the graphics card.
    will try. But why it is saying unpllugged is not known. I made them play, earlier.
    I have sourced the pc to the hdmi connection to be correct source selection from default
    P S the hdmi2dvi , is a hdmi port , but that was plugged with the set top box connection.
    hdmi video pc to tv no problem
    hdmi audio pc to tv , this is the problem, as playback settings do not show the tv icon to connect the audio
    Last edited by jraju; 22nd Feb 2021 at 03:00.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, i tried so many troubleshotting, but could not succeed in getting the audio to tv.
    Ok. i heard newly about hdcp protection, and one of the device shown as not supported to hdcp complaince and that is the hdmi connection to tv. It shows the connection to the pc is ok.
    This is a new thing to me, as a genuine tryer of the dual display.
    So, the splitter i bought is just lying waste in the basket.
    Ok, now, i try to connect to pc thro vga and hdmi to hdmidvi port on the tv.
    Here a peculilar thing, the second monitor shows as first monitor and the first monitor shows as second.
    So, when I boot, it boots up, but if i connect the hdmi cable to the cpu port, then the display in pc becomes blank and the display signal goes to tv.
    As such, the playback shows the tv connection, but as unplugged. Because if i plug, then the display goes to the tv.
    could you say something on this behaviour.
    Is it because of nvidia drivers update that would have disabled connected device?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have no idea why your system isn't working right. For me it's always been a matter plugging in a second display and everything works as it should. A TV that doesn't support HDCP is pretty unusual. As far as I know only the very first generation of HDTVs lacked HDCP support.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have encountered a number of monitors, most them touch-enabled, that do not support hdcp. Perhaps the OP is referring to their display as a tv when in fact it might be a monitor such as those.

First things to try when testing & troubleshooting is to start w simplest chain and only change/check one thing at a time.
    The 1st/2nd display swapping is not uncommon on PCs, but would guess that it has to do with those bios settings.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, jagabo, this is not first generation tv model, but i bought this on 2015.
    I just pllugged out and then connected one port with vga and the other with hdmi.
    Still it was not working, and my first monitor turns to 2.
    I contacted samsung an they have no idea of my problem
    I had chat with nvidia team and they asked me to send the system info from their control panel . I sent and they have given a different diriver to download and test,
    Bingo , it worked
    I asked them , if i could connect now both the ports with a hdmi splitter. Their response was not recommended but i could try.
    When i change, the same problem of audio icon not showing in the playback settings.
    Agian , i checked the audio settings, the tv icon shown as not plugged
    detailed look in to the properties , shows it in a different location and the default pc audio as having different locations.
    This is the problem. While the realtex default speaker jack is shown a different location port or jack setting, the other show a different port.
    But i do not know , that this is the issue
    So, the splitter is working as i could see the video in the tv with no problem .
    onlyl i could not play audio with the settings with the splitter settings.
    Quote Quote  
  11. If your TV has an HDMI input marked specificly for a computer don't use it. Use one of the other HDMI inputs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah jagabo, I tried that today. But that does not show the tv audio icon in sound playback settings.
    Is th connection wrong among the splitters.
    cpu hdmi port to the one hdmi, one usb side 1
    one from splitter to pc from two splitter hdmi part 2
    one hdmi wire from the other to the tv hdmi-in marked for set top box , only hdmi connection here
    The video plays and so the splitter is working
    but the audio is not shown in sound setting, playbback devices tab.
    Here, jagabo,
    When you directly connect hdmi to the video card , the output direcly goes to the tv, but when we use the splitter, the same signal passes thro one port of the splitter to two.
    The port now changes from direct contact with the tv. is it the issue.
    i could see all lights glowing on all the three ports of the splitter.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I've lost track of what you've tried so far.

If you connect the computer directly to the TV do you get sound from the TV?

If you connect the computer through the splitter to the TV (with nothing connected to the other HDMI output of the splitter) do you get sound? Try each HDMI output on the splitter. Power cycle everything between tests.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The first part of your query:
    That could be onlly possible if i juse vga for the pc display. When i connect the vga from cpu to pc, and directly hdmi cable from cpu to tv, i get the playback icon for the second device and so the volume, i could route to pc or tv, by selecting the device default.the nvidia control panel shows the hdmi source as Samsung , that is the tv.
    If I use a splitter to connect to pc, and tv, cpu to pc thro one hdmi,thro splitter and the other thro,the other port of hdmi in the splitter to tv, then i could only route the video , but audio playback of the tv, does not show up at all. Here in this connection, the audio device is shown as pc and i could hear sound in the pc speakers.
    I want hdmi experience on both my pc and tv, which is not yet possible after getting the splitter.
    On every article so far i read that both audio and video signal passes thro the splitter and the splitter merely split the signals of both video and audio.

If VGA is connected to the pc, and splitter is connected thro splitter to the computer,without the other hdmi is connected, I get the audio icon in the playback settings, the nvidia control panel show the hdmi connected source as hdmi splitter in this connection.
    But if i connect the other to pc, I am having the problem in audio not detecting or plugged on
    Last edited by jraju; 26th Feb 2021 at 01:19.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi, jagabo, update:
    I tried the second option, with the other port of the hdmi splitter and i get the audio, and it is labelled as Samsung-1 , denoting the tv device connection
    3.When i connect the splitter hdmi connection onlyl with the pc, the audio is shown as not plugged in both the hdmi ports.
    4. when i also added the tv hdmi in this scenario, the audio is shown as not plugged in.
    nny idea
    i have described all the scenarios
    Last edited by jraju; 26th Feb 2021 at 02:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi, cornu,
    The 1st/2nd display swapping is not uncommon on PCs, but would guess that it has to do with those bios settings.
    Could yoo please eloborate on that.
    Should I change audio settings in bios
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How it is enumerated in bios often gets passed to the OS. Depending on bios firmware, it can give option of diff order or diff "priority". E.g.: in your pic you have #1 PCI/PEG, and #3 PEG/PCI - same items but swapped order.
    Note: that is primarily video, not audio necessarily (though possibly, if it is hdmi or dp).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, jagabo and cornu,
    When I just plugged out the hdmi to tv wire, when i boot my pc, there us a check signal alert and my monitor went blank but os was loading from the look of the progressive yellow light.
    Invariably, the os is showing in the tv, which has hdmi connection, but of which the hdmi cable was unplugged.
    It was unsual problem, then what I did was just open the monitor menu by using windows key with P, and used the upper key.
    Within a minute, the tv screen switched to my monitor and i could use the computer.
    Then i see a peculiar thing, which i find interesting.
    My pc monitor becomes the 2 and the tv monitor becomes 1. Even dragging it between them , the position of monitor changes to left to right, but the number 21 remains. i do not know, how and why it is showing.
    I had the unsual scenario of booting screen in tv.
    Then I checked at monitor menu in the right bottom corner for monitor menus
    I see that even when i connected the pc with vga cable, the monitor pc/av settings show as hdmi.
    I could make my pc monitor as primary , but the number 2 persist and the tv monitor shows the number 1.
    Then to overcome this problem permanently, I went to msconfig and then to boot menu and then select , to boot in all modes monitor box, to force to detect vga to vga connection to pc.
    Now the pc shows, the vga connection and i could easily find my audio icon back and switch between pc and tv.
    How do the second monitor becomes the 4st.
    When I connect both the device with hdmi cable using hdmi splitter, the pc connection was shown as not hdmi to hdmi pc, instead, it showed, dvi to hemi, a strange thing.
    The connection between hdmi to tv is shown correctlyl as hdmi to hdmi
    my pc has no dvi port at all and why it is not showing as hdmi to hdmi is another query.
    please
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Will digital display will get priority in a vga hdmi connection.
    My pc only shows the computer and when I just click duplicate display, a monitor is added as Digital display media and this is getting assigned no.1 and so I ask
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, expectng reply.
    is it because of vga controllers are only available in motherboard system and not hdmi.
    will not it take the clue of hdmi controllers automatically from the new nvidia card.
    When I just connect vga cable to pc from cpu to pc and hdmi to hdmi tv port fhro the available hdmi port , both device gets hdcp status and then, i get the playback option without fail.
    But when I connect the pc with hdmi and also the tv with hdmi with the help of the splitter, then , it not at all recongizes the tv media as samsung , but as digital video device resulting in , not recognizing in the sound system playback settings.
    Do anybody have any clue why this is happening.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    some rules to remember with video from pc:

1. Mobo video is treated differently from videocard video, sometimes better, sometimes worse. but the computer knows the difference and only rarely will they fully play well together, and this is clear all the way down to the bios level.
    2. Since vga is analog, and your pc is digital, and 95% of the time so is your display, your vga signal is having to convert D->A and then back A->D, so even for the same settings (resolution, framerate, color) the all digital hdmi will look better because less fuzziness due to conversions. less manipulation = less loss.
    3. Unlike analog formats, digital formats increasingly make use of HANDSHAKING, where on a dedicated side stream the 2 devices (source & sink/destination) talk back & forth with each other to come to an agreement about options for presentation. To do this they utilize among other things something known as EDID, which describes what options the sink is capable of displaying - both natively and through internal scaling. So similarly to #2, you must avoid the use of an intermediary device, or "middleman", unless you KNOW that that middleman is capable of faithfully passing on the EDID conversations etc of the sink(s) between it/them and the source.

I would bet money that your simple splitter is NOT faithful in this regard, and that is the source of much of your issues. Good, faithful ones are expensive. Proper troubleshooting, such as I suggested earlier on, would find that out.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, cornucopia,
    Thanks for the reply. I read your technical letter, but it passes the video to the destinaton device without any issue. Here I am puzzled. The audio part is the issue. So, I ask the query.
    o, do you mean to say, that handshaking could be done only for video and not audio. I heard about diasbling hyper v all in some of the forums, but I am using windows 7 AS SUCH this feature is not available in this and only introduced in win 8.
    Is the design is such that the audio is hdcp non compliant and video is hdcp compliant
    The tv icon is not at all displaying in hdmi mode connected to the splitter.
    The splitter is orei brand splitter and i found no problem in it outwardly. alll the lights are burning and .
    splitter is for splitting the signal between devices , is it not
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    again, as I have said before, if it is not hdcp compliant, it is not. but that would very likely be across the board both outputs, video & audio. of course, hdcp would only come into play with an hdcp source.

and hyperV has nothing to do with any of this.

but I wasn't talking about hdcp here, i was talking about edid (which primarily describes video but does include audio).

google "EDID issues with audio" and you will see a buttload of examples and YT tutorials.

your splitter is supposed to read the capabilities of the sinks and pass them on to the source. but what if they don't match - it can only pass ONE of them (as it isn't a scaler, and probably not even a true DA, if it is so inexpensive). Which one? that will affect the other one. do BOTH sinks support audio?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, cornu, thanks.
    if vga is connected to the pc thro one port of v.card and the other with tv with the hdmi port of v.card, the video and audio is passed to the tv with no problem.
    But If i use a middle man, say, a spliltter, to connect both devices with the hdmi port of the v.card, then the problem of audio comes.
    I think that both devices supported basic mp3 format. I heard that hdmi passed audio of eight formats including advanced audio formats.
    I herewith enclose the edid of the both the devices , from using software estron edid manager.
    This text information is when I connect the vga cable to pc and hdmi cable to tv.
    I had not used the splitter now.
    But , as you say devices has the same edid if one does not change, is it
    then please advise me why i cannot hear the audio by looking in to this
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Cornu,
    When I connect a vga port to pc from the v.card and another to tv, using hdmi port in the v.card, i get connected and the video and audio play if i select the playback option to the tv and pc.
    But what i did noticed is that it is not duplicating , but a kind of mirroring .
    I say this because, in my display, i did not see two devices on the monitor as in the duplicate mode.
    Is mirroing different from monitor mode playing like, duplicate , extend, only to computer, only to other devices, as we use windows key plus p to select multiple monitors settings etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I am little bit confused.
    Today, when i log on to computer , when the tv is not on hdmi mode, the playback icon showed as plug unplugged.
    BUt, when I turn on the tv and select the source as hdmi mode, the computer automatically shows the duplicate mode with 1/2 monitor icon indications.
    In the meanwhile, I came across a term displaylink and downloaded the displaylink driver, which is useful in automatic showing of linked or connected devices to the windows.
    Have you heard about this
    Quote Quote