VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I extracted dvd subtitles in .srt format with dvdfab and muxed them on mkvtool. During muxing I get this warning (Attention to line 3701: the initial timestamp is smaller than the previous element. All the elements of this file will be sorted according to the initial time)
    when I open the movie the subtitles come out overlapping and in a messy way. Does anyone know how I can fix it? How can I extract subtitles from a DVD correctly? thanks I await your news
    Quote Quote  
  2. Load the srt and the video in subtitleedit and correct the sub timings. Then remux with mkvtoolnix.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Load the srt and the video in subtitleedit and correct the sub timings. Then remux with mkvtoolnix.
    thanks, how can I correct the sub timing ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It depends on how bad the timings are screwed up. With Subtitle Edit you can correct a constant offset, change framerate, visually sync, etc.
    And of course there is manually editing the timings, which is quite a task...

Maybe you want to try both extracting & OCR-ing the subtitles with Subtitle Edit and go from there.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    It depends on how bad the timings are screwed up. With Subtitle Edit you can correct a constant offset, change framerate, visually sync, etc.
    And of course there is manually editing the timings, which is quite a task...

Maybe you want to try both extracting & OCR-ing the subtitles with Subtitle Edit and go from there.
    thanks very kind!
    Quote Quote