VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Several of these should do the job.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks, the KDV-5000 is what I'm looking for but at $159. It'll probably be a better deal to get the KDV-7000 at $55 and use $104 savings to purchase a HDMI capture. Unless I can find something similar to KDV-5000 at a cheaper price. I think most of their products are re branded, maybe I'll get lucky.
    Last edited by digicube; 29th Aug 2018 at 17:44.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Usual advice is to capture in native format and use the media player to convert, what is your end result.?
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm using avs2dvd to convert PAL DV video to NTSC DVD, it takes a long time, thought I can get a hardware converter to save time.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is the DVD end result as you need to give to a family member? I would convert to Divx or MKV and they can just play via a usb stick depending on their hardware.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes DVD is desired.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Most ntsc<>pal boxes are poor compared to a native format capture and software conversion, I believe the free TMPG encoder will do it. http://www.tmpgenc.net/en/download.html

or buy the tmpg http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw6.html
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll stick to slow software conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    You can hack the DVD player to playback any region code disc and make DVD's from your DV files in the same color standard, converting from a standard to another is almost half of the video quality is lost. And if you can avoid DV from the start that's another benefit assuming you are capturing VHS tapes.
    Quote Quote