VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Psychology student CrymanChen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Hi folks,
    rencently i've been watching this podcast from Spotify
    Code:
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/0EBTCiYZl535zGYjbC6LXo?si=sNytZqqnTjes6MKP1wrSpA&nd=1
    [Attachment 67013 - Click to enlarge]

It is protected, but I couldn't find any mpd or m3u8 file.
    Could you please help me find the so-called playback file? It must have a list in which each video segment is listed.
    Thank you~
    twitter @Cryman_Chen
    email crymanchen@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  2. Psychology student CrymanChen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Interestingly, I've got the key but I don't know how to download this.
    twitter @Cryman_Chen
    Quote Quote  
  3. I couldn't find an mpd or m3u8 either, few months ago when I needed, so I resorted to sort of a manual way of downloading the init, the chunks and then using type command in Windows to concatenate them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by CrymanChen View Post
    How'd you get the key?

I couldn't find the PSSH... or the MPD. Loads of webm files that ffmpeg doesn't like.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Psychology student CrymanChen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by genericeddie View Post

How'd you get the key?

I couldn't find the PSSH... or the MPD. Loads of webm files that ffmpeg doesn't like.
    Spotify is pretty easy, at least easier than those such as YouTube, NowE, etc.
    twitter @Cryman_Chen
    Quote Quote  
  6. The webm podcasts are more tricky than the music tracks.

You can get the pssh by searching for 'drm' in the network tab and finding the pssh in the response (choose the widevine one). I suspect that response also describes the step size for the webm parts to download and the podcast duration.

The webm parts are numbered something like (this is from memory and probably not completely accurate, apart from the numbers):
    https://****0web.webm*****
    https://****4web.webm*****
    https://****8web.webm*****

I guess that's a step size of 4.

Someone who knows how to use yt-dlp properly will probably know how to download all the parts with a single yt-dlp command, otherwise a script might be needed.

However...
    1. I got an error using N_m3u8DL-RE with the keys and the webm urls (I didn't try hard, I could have just made a mistake on the command line, so this might still be the right way to go for webm)
    2. yt-dlp downloaded the webm sections I asked it to without any issues, but mp4decrypt probably isn't the right tool for decrypting them, because it didn't decrypt them successfully.

Summary: the webm podcasts are more tricky than the music tracks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Psychology student CrymanChen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    By the way, just now I checked that link I posted in last September, and found that "We couldn't find the page you want".

Is it because I changed my account region (US -> Pakistan) so Podcast videos are not available in the current location, or is it because that video is not availavle anymore??
    [Attachment 70636 - Click to enlarge]
    twitter @Cryman_Chen
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by genericeddie View Post
    Originally Posted by CrymanChen View Post
    How'd you get the key?

There is no MPD with Spotify, and the PSSH is found inside 'supports_drm' or with EME logger extension. In 'supports_drm', you will also find a manifest of sorts where you can see all quality profiles. Not all podcast videos are encrypted, though, so the PSSH might be missing for a reason.

As for avoiding the thousands of files, I found that the best way is to use something like wget or curl to feed all the tiny files directly into two big video.mp4 and audio.mp4 and then merge it. FFmpeg do not like it when there are literally thousands of tiny files. This will also make it easier to use mp4decrypt on those videos that need it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I checked the link to the podcast you shared, and it appears to be a protected episode on Spotify. Unfortunately, finding a specific playback file or video clips may not be possible because Spotify uses its own streaming infrastructure. However, if you're looking for ways to access the content, I'd suggest contacting the creator of the podcast or Spotify support for help. They may be able to offer alternatives or clarify any restrictions on accessing content. Or you could try buying Spotify promo packages at songlifty.com to access quality broadcasts. I hope you find a solution, and happy listening to podcasts!
    Last edited by iannzhjab; 13th Jun 2023 at 04:03.
    Quote Quote