VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All

Figured it was time for me to try out creating an image file of my hard disk - so I got a trial version of DriveImagePro - it created a 4GB Image file - then I used DriveImagePro to create an .iso file of this image file

I am doing this as a test so I am prepared to reformat my test FAT32 drive - then I want to restore everything the way it was

I figure I need to create a bootable DVD - but how do I go about restoring this image file?

DriveImagePro says that I need to be a registered user in order to be able to use their bootable CD/DVD:
    " When you wish to restore a system drive, you must use the O&O DiskImage Start CD and start the restoration from there. "

Is there any other way?

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. probably not. you might want to try a free utility.
    http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/backupandimage.shtml
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Be aware that some imaging software will restore an image to a hard drive of identical size only.

If you are using XP, I'd check out Ultimate Boot CD for Windows. Great tool for disasters and includes a number of free imaging products.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the links - I have looked at these before - I need to fully digest the info re Ultimate Boot CD - hopefully I can figure it out
    Quote Quote