VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a AVI movie, playing theough my div X player, but I cannot here any sound. I know there is sound on the movie, but whatever I play I cannot here the sound. Tried Windows Media Player, Real Payer, Playa, Divx player etc. What other player could I try. My PC is 350 P2, 128 meg ram. Everyting else (other movies) play wuth sound ok.

Do I need a special codec? What do I do with the codec when I get it?

Thanks for any help.

John
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

I know there is sound on the movie, but whatever I play I cannot here the sound.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

How do you know that? Usually the problems are in the video. There should be NO problems for sound. Might be a software/hardware conflict?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the same problem with a DivX, the movie plays fine in Media Player but in Virtual Dub theres no Audio!

/Lars
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I was having the same problem. I think I've found the solution. You have to use VirtualDub to save the audio file in the avi to a wav (there are explicit instructions here in the HOW TO: CONVERT section). Then use that file when you load your project into tmpg.

Hope that helps!
    Liz
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, if Virtual Dub can't find the Audio how can you then save it into a wave?

I solved my problem by installeing Adobe premiere 6.0, Vegas Video 2.0b and Direct X 8a, I have no idea whaich of these that gave me the right audio codec but I got it from one of them... and now it works. I was lacking the "MPEG Layer 3 Codec (professional)" codec and I think it came from Vegas Video .20

Thanx/
    Lars
    Quote Quote