+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Wiseant,

Originally Posted by wiseant
    I can't remember the list of filters that caused problems with avisynth/Avanti, but I found the one that was causing my avisynth/avanti problem:

CondTemporalMedian-gen.dll and CondTemporalMedian-isse.dll

Either of these filters required "avisynth_c.dll"
    Do I understand it well that this are also C dll's that are not autoloaded?
    The Yadif.dll was also a C dll. Still they seems to be the major cause of the problem.

I added the others already to a topic about the subject in the readme file and will do that with these too.

For some dll's there are three versions SSE, SSE2, SSE3. If you have them in the plugin directory, Avisynth seems to load all three without checking if your machine supports all of these SSE extensions.

EDIT: From the Avisynth docs: When you run a AVS script it first loads ALL autoload dll, then unloads them and then load the by your script requested dll's. I suppose it then checks which one of the three it has to use.

Thanks for reporting,
    Chris.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Hi to all,

Perhaps it's known already but if you download the latest (Alpha/Beta) version of Avisynth at SourceForge, take a good look at the right column.

Copied from SourceForge:

Latest AVS 2.5.8 Alpha 2 [070919] Notes (2007-09-19 13:51)
    AviSynth_070919.exe Mirror 3956165 11150 i386 .exe (16-bit Windows)

AVS 2.5.8 alpha (070518) Notes (2007-05-18 06:38)
    AviSynth_070518.exe Mirror 3855471 51378 i386 .exe (32-bit Windows)

The latest version "2.5.8 Alpha 2" is a 16-bit version. I overlooked it and had big problems with seeking when I did a "Preview (debug) Avisynth script". It looks like it hangs but it take minutes to seek a positon within a file. It also happens when I play the script on WMP and MPC so it's a general problem. The "2.5.8 Alpha" version works fine for me.
    It's anyway not recommended to use a 16-bit version on a 32-bit machine. I don't know why it is offered?

Chris.

P.S., New Avanti version 0.2.1 is coming soon.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for pointing that out - I had installed it not knowing it was only 16-bit - time to go back to AviSynth_070518.exe
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Chris K
    New version AVANTI 0.2.1 - FFmpeg/Avisynth GUI.
    Code:
    AVANTI 0.2.1 -- FFmpeg/Avisynth GUI -- Change log 10-10-2007.
    	=============================================================

1. Templates now can fully auto-register "unregistered" codecs.
    	   Essential for easy template sharing. You have to load and save
    	   your personal templates once only to have them up-to-date.

2. Improved video "Preview" option. Fixed time display and
    	   seeking problems with some file types. 

3. fixed bug where Avanti occasionally failed to check if the
    	   used FFmpeg version supports the (valid) cancel option.

4. Fixed bug in "Set user Video options" that wasn't able to
    	   handle quoted strings properly.

5. added path redirection for rambling x264 2-pass logs.

6. Fixed bug in loading of SuperEQ presets.

7. Fixed bugs in the ".user" file extension option. 

8. Did a lot of re-writing on the Avanti-Help.chm especially
    	   on the database and register procedure. More pictures.

9. Added (limited) context sensitive help. Click on dropdown
    	   lists and select pages, then press <F1>.
    Uploaded Avanti version 0.2.1 at the first post of this topic.

This - about plugin autoload - is a excerpt from the Avisynth docs:
    It is possible to put all plugins and script files with user-defined functions or (global) variables in a directory from where all files with the extension .AVSI (v2.08, v2.5, the type was .AVS in v2.05-2.07) and .DLL are loaded at startup, unloaded and then loaded dynamically as the script needs them.
    I assume that "at startup" here means "at the time you start to run a script", not at system startup.

The success of Avisynth color correction and "SuperEQ" preset editing "Preview" highly depends on a fast startup of Avisynth. You have to take some precautions if you want to use these options conveniently. There's a zip in the "avsplugins" folder (the one in your Avanti directory) that contains some batch files and a description with some basic ideas. I'm thinking of a plugin manager that is capable to move a user selection from/to the Avisynth plugins folder at Avanti startup and exit. Suggestions are welcome.

Internal video "Preview" is much improved. Preview of the Avisynth color correction now is fast and keeps the window open. Autoloading of many plugins will delay the refresh of this option.

To have the internal video "Preview" accept all common file types and play/seek them smoothly, I use "ffdshow". I like it because it's highly configureable from the desktop or taskbar. With ffdshow I can play all template examples (FLV, 3gp, x264 in AVI and MP4, etc.) without any problems. At ffdshow setup/output, I had to uncheck "Set pixel aspect ratio in output media type" to use the "Preview" aspect ratio options without restrictions.
    For MPEG-2 decoding, I selected the "libmpeg2" codec instead of the "libavcodec". This will ensure fast seeking with both direct sources and Avisynth scripts. For DivX decoding, I use the ffdshow "XviD" codec. This are just suggestions in case you have codec problems or have to setup your first-time codec environment.

2-pass logs of type FFmpeg (mpeg-4, mpeg-1/2, XviD) and type libx264 are written (with some force) to the destination directory. You have to manage cleanup of these logs yourself.

2-pass logs of type XviD are at the second pass copied to the Windows "temp" directory (by FFmpeg). These logs are useless to the user because its original still exists in your destination directory. You can set a option in the "avanti.ini" file (xvid_log=), to let Avanti cleanup the "temp" directory from these logs (can be large and many). By default it's set to KEEP. Set it to REMOVE to switch on this option.

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to convert a .mpg to .flv, but I get this:
    Process canceled by FFmpeg which reports:
    Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?)

What does this mean?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by kjjack
    I'm trying to convert a .mpg to .flv, but I get this:
    Process canceled by FFmpeg which reports:
    Could not write header for output file #0
    Hi Kjjack,

I did a FLV encode just using the template but have no problems:

Code:
    9:37:28 - Process started using FFmpeg version SVN-r10464 [ffmpeg10464].
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Input #0, mpeg, from 'F:/Capture2/test.mpg':
      Duration: 00:02:00.4, start: 0.500000, bitrate: 4234 kb/s
      Stream #0.0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x576, 104857 kb/s, 25.00 fps(r)
      Stream #0.1[0x1c0]: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 192 kb/s

Output #0, flv, to 'F:/Capture2/test_result.flv':
      Stream #0.0: Video: flv (hq), yuv420p, 352x240, q=2-31, 500 kb/s, 25.00 fps(c)
      Stream #0.1: Audio: libmp3lame, 22050 Hz, mono, 64 kb/s

Stream mapping:
      Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
      Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
    Because FFmpeg reports "output #0", not anything about the input. It looks like it has to do with the settings.
    It don't look like it has no access to the output file. Then it would come up with a other message.

First try to use the unaltered settings of the template. Also try to ecode the mpg to some other format
    to see if it's not coming from the source (I doubt it is).

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Code:
    	1. Templates now can fully auto-register "unregistered" codecs.
    	   Essential for easy template sharing. You have to load and save
    	   your personal templates once only to have them up-to-date.
    Nice!

Code:
    	8. Did a lot of re-writing on the Avanti-Help.chm especially
    	   on the database and register procedure. More pictures.
    Some good work on the manual.
    I still think the codec registration, overly complex.

ty
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hi 45tripp,

Originally Posted by 45tripp
    I seriously looked at the codec registration with the database as start point. I'm afraid it would be evenly complex with boxes that have to ask the user if it concerns a audio or video codec. This in case the user didn't yet filled-in the first column.
    And even if he/she did then the program should know the stream/container type of all codecs. It will be hard to collect this info on all of the FFmpeg codecs. I count 188 of them in the latest version.

Take the (your) "Flash Video" template. If the user was resticted to the codec name which is "flv", you would hardly notice it on the list. That's one of the benefits of the label method.

The program needs a single indication from the user to know it has to take action. Actually, only the moment he/she enters a new option in the codec field on the main page, is such a single indication.
    In the database you have to enter four fields but there it's important in which order the user enters the fields. This is just as complex to explain and understand as the present method.

Keep in mind that it is much easier if you're limited to a few encoders and can pre-define them. Aavanti has to give access to all (usable) FFmpeg codecs. That's the concept. Freedom also has its price.

Regards,
    Chris.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, im getting the following error when opening Avanti, im using the latest version but that error also showed up on 0.20. i read that if i renamed the avisynth folder it would work but i dont know oif that will affect other programs. i have installed avisynth on Programs, when i installed avisynth it didnt ask for program files. My Xp is in Portuguese.

I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i unistalled avisynth and installed it again but instead of 2.5 i've choose 2.5.7 as instalation directory, it doesnt show the message.

but, when i tried to open a simple avs file it displayed the following messgae

Code:
    Input #0, avs, from 'C:/Documents and Settings/Utilizador/Ambiente de trabalho/ric/Cópia de 1.avs':

FFmpeg version SVN-r9767, Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
      configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-pp --enable-swscaler --enable-pthreads --enable-liba52 --enable-avisynth --enable-libamr-nb --enable-libamr-wb --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libnut --enable-libogg --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --cpu=i686 --enable-memalign-hack --extra-ldflags=-static
      libavutil version: 49.4.1
      libavcodec version: 51.40.4
      libavformat version: 51.12.1
      built on Jul 20 2007 18:03:34, gcc: 4.2.0

10:29:38 - Avisynth error (use "Preview (debug) Avisynth script" to check).
    the avs i used was:
    Code:
    DirectShowSource("C:\teste\test.avi")
    clicking on preview in Avanti shows an a waning:
    Code:
    unexpected character "'"
    opening the avs in virtualdub shows no errors and video plays fine
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Take the (your) "Flash Video" template. If the user was resticted to the codec name which is "flv", you would hardly notice it on the list. That's one of the benefits of the label method.
    I agree on as flavourful a label as a user pleases.
    What I dislike is the "sub-label".
    Put it down to preference.

Regardless of methodology though:
    Some good work on the manual.
    I was refering to the documentation.
    I think it needs to be re-written. A lot plainer, a lot simpler.

Ricardo
    Changing directory names is undesired.
    I see you actually changed installation directory, which is fine, but shouldn't have changed behaviour unless
    you had something you shouldn't have in your first plugins folder, and the new installation in another path,
    made sure you only had default filters.
    Don't know what you're doing really.
    Best start with a clean uninstall, delete all remaining folders and clean re-install.

when you refer to a script,
    post it!
    I prefer opening scripts in mpc or vdub to get error reporting.

Freedom also has its price.
    Yes,
    I'm already painfully aware.

ty
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Ricardo,

Originally Posted by ricardouk
    but, when i tried to open a simple avs file it displayed the following messgae

Code:
    Input #0, avs, from 'C:/Documents and Settings/Utilizador/Ambiente de trabalho/ric/Cópia de 1.avs':

FFmpeg version SVN-r9767, Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
      configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-pp --enable-swscaler --enable-pthreads --enable-liba52 --enable-avisynth --enable-libamr-nb --enable-libamr-wb --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libnut --enable-libogg --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --cpu=i686 --enable-memalign-hack --extra-ldflags=-static
      libavutil version: 49.4.1
      libavcodec version: 51.40.4
      libavformat version: 51.12.1
      built on Jul 20 2007 18:03:34, gcc: 4.2.0

10:29:38 - Avisynth error (use "Preview (debug) Avisynth script" to check).
    the avs i used was:
    Code:
    clicking on preview in Avanti shows an a waning:
    Code:
    unexpected character "'"
    opening the avs in virtualdub shows no errors and video plays fine
    When you click on "Preview" the script is runned just as if you play it with e.g. WMP. Avanti doesn't alter or re-write it. It just plays it as is.
    The message: unexpected character "'" comes from Avisynth and it says you're using a single quote somewhere in the script !?

Do you use Avisynth plugins? If so then read a few posts backwards in this thread about plugins and renaming the directory and so on.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Ricardo
    Changing directory names is undesired.
    I see you actually changed installation directory, which is fine, but shouldn't have changed behaviour unless
    you had something you shouldn't have in your first plugins folder, and the new installation in another path,
    made sure you only had default filters.
    Don't know what you're doing really.
    Best start with a clean uninstall, delete all remaining folders and clean re-install.

when you refer to a script,
    post it!
    I prefer opening scripts in mpc or vdub to get error reporting.

ty
    i tried it with the default plugins ans what i uasually have(vsfilter etc etc) and gave me te same error.

i did post the script, it gives me an error when previewing on avanti, none whatsoever when viewing with vdub or MPC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The message: unexpected character "'" comes from Avisynth and it says you're using a single quote somewhere in the script !?

Do you use Avisynth plugins? If so then read a few posts backwards in this thread about plugins and renaming the directory and so on.
    i dont see any extra symbol in the script:
    Code:
    i only use vsfiler and a few other ones on the avisynth plugins directory, i tried with and without them , no luck same error
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    i only use vsfiler and a few other ones on the avisynth plugins directory, i tried with and without them , no luck same error
    Please give the names of the other plugins you use, then I can check. I have also vsfilter installed but that isn't the cause of the problem.

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    here it is
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well ive done some experiments and what i got was:

if im trying to open an avi (dv) trough avisynth on avanti it doesnt show any errormessage even when applying filters like vsfilter, if i try to open an avi (xvid) trough avisynth even without any filters the error message appears.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i did post the script,
    sorry, missed it was a single line directshowsource load.

if i try to open an avi (xvid) trough avisynth even without any filters the error message appears.
    won't work only in avanti?
    but works with mpc and vdub?
    all directshowsource()?
    tried avisource()?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    won't work only in avanti?
    but works with mpc and vdub?
    all directshowsource()?
    yes and yes

tried avisource()?
    with avisource it works. its just that i read that using directshow is better
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i think i found a solution:

i went to the video decoder configuration on ffdshow and changed xvid from xvid to libvacodec and it works now with directshow source.

so im guessing there is something wrong with my xvid instalation....

Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i was going to say,
    to start looking at your specific codecs,
    but that directshowsource() worked with mpc and vdub, but not avanti
    is very weird.

and no directshowsource() isn't better,
    where did you read that?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    EDIT: 10-20-2007

Deleted. Was suppose to do a edit on the first post but made a mistake.

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    2:16:41 - Valid FFmpeg/Avisynth combi found (Avisynth AUTO options enabled).

I think I got it all set up correctly but there is no "flash video" option under the codec dropdown. How do I get it to appear?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    read the manual on codec registration.

somewhere in this thread i mention how to register a codec, step by step.

the easiest way though...
    is to just load the flash template.
    top left button 'main options menu' -> 'load template' -> find and load the flash template.
    this will automatically register 'flash video',
    you'll have it in your pulldown menu from then on.

gl
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, I just noticed that about the template. Thanks for contributing that. Did you see my other questions about your guide in the other thread? I just did a side by side of using avanti and not using the hex editor and using your method and yours is definitely cleaner. I just have a lot of trouble of what type of source to start with. Is starting with regular 720x480 DV AVI good? I'm exporting from a Sony Vegas timeline... And the hex code, that is way over my head...
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Chris K

The link for avanti-022-package.7z is not working

Is there a new version?

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by wiseant
    The link for avanti-022-package.7z is not working
    Is there a new version?
    Hi Wiseant,

Yes there is, but I seem not to have "upload permission" or reached the upload limit?
    Started upload on 08-11-2007 and tried it again today but without success.

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Tried to upload again with full cookies enabled etc. Still no success. Sorry!

I can see its uploaded to somewhere because it takes its time and there is transfer activity. But it seems to be the wrong place?

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Chris K

Just a quick note to thank you for your time and effort with Avanti - it was appreciated . . .
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Hi to all,

It is brought under my attention by Avisynth plugin developer(s) that the current
    Avanti version contains a plugin dll in a way that violates the GNU GPL license.
    Because I don't expect a new Avanti version in the near future in which I could
    correct this mistake, I decided to remove the download link to the Avanti install
    package on the first post of this thread.

I want to make my apologizes to the "avsmon25a.dll" developer for leaving behind
    the inclusion of GNU GPL license and dll source code.

Chris K.
    Quote Quote