VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone help me? When I try to merge my two discs of Fellowship of the Ring rips I get "file cannot be merged onto itself." I am using MKVtoolnix and would lile to know how I can vet this fixed. I have the latest version of the program. Is there another program that I can use that is free? Any help or information woukd be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  2. You could try renaming the DVDs (?) so the VOB numbers are sequential.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DaveB69 View Post
    Can anyone help me? When I try to merge my two discs of Fellowship of the Ring rips I get "file cannot be merged onto itself." I am using MKVtoolnix and would lile to know how I can vet this fixed. I have the latest version of the program. Is there another program that I can use that is free? Any help or information woukd be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dave
    try the mkvtoolnix tutorial - https://mkvtoolnix.download/doc/mkvmerge.html
    Quote Quote  
  4. They are named Fellowship of the Ring Disc 1 and Fellowship of the ring disk 2.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open My Computer and look at your DVD drive normally Drive D and see what the name for the disk 1 is and then try disk 2. The published name is not necessarily the "disk" name
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  6. Rip the 2 DVDs to 2 mkv with makemkv (without recoding), g.e. fellowship1.mkv and fellowship2.mkv and join this two files with clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    No recode, no quality loss.
    Last edited by ProWo; 13th Jun 2021 at 03:23. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank you, I will give that a try. Is it a free or paid program?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DaveB69 View Post
    Thank you, I will give that a try. Is it a free or paid program?
    All free
    Quote Quote  
  9. I downloaded the program but it asks me to download more programs before I can use it. Am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by DaveB69 View Post
    I downloaded the program but it asks me to download more programs before I can use it. Am I doing something wrong?
    No, all fine, follow the indications.
    Quote Quote  
  11. How do I install the program? It closed and I cannot find it installed on my system.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by DaveB69 View Post
    How do I install the program? It closed and I cannot find it installed on my system.
    If you mean clever FFmpeg-GUI, there is nothing to install. It's a portable application. Just start it.
    Read the Howto.txt
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ah ok. Thanks.
    Quote Quote