VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everybody,

I have this strange problem I've never seen before.
    Recently, I ripped "Coco". It was a pain in the **** to get going, but at last I had it on my hard drive (full disk).

This is how I normally does it with difficult DVD's: RIp to HD with AnyDVD or DVDFab, and from there take DVD Shrink to do the rest: Only main movie, remove subtitles and audio I don't need, etc.

Now, my daughter complained that the movie lagged: At the intro, five minutes in, six minutes in, etc.

I take a look: Right. Back to work. Not possible to get rid of the lagging. Until I examine the original DVD: It has it too! That's why!

Now, I returned it to the dealer, who tell me there is nothing wrong with it.

I am puzzled, and when watching my rip again, I note that if I after the first 'lag', rewinds ten seconds and see it again, the lag is gone! Not only this, but the other lags (at 5:13, 5:20, 6:00, 6:12 and 6:55) are also gone! This is as far as I have seen, I don't know if something will show up later.

If I start playing it again, starting VideoLAN over after shutting it down, the lagging is back! And when rewinding back and playing again, the lags are gone!

How in the world do you explain this??

And of course, what can be done about it?

Sincerely/Best regards

Perro
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try uninstalling your computers DVD drives, restart your computer, and
    let windows reinstall the drives and see if that solves the lagging issue with your dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, I'll try this as soon as I get the DVD back from the store.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you use the latest versions of DVDFab and AnyDVD? There may be new copy protection on the disc that requires an updated version.

Since you only want the main movie, give MakeMKV a try.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks lingyi, MakeMKV made me a perfect MKV-file, no lagging!

Now I just need to find a way to make this into the DVD-format (you know, VOB and IFO's).
    Quote Quote