VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All. I did a quick search of the forums but did not really find an answer to this. I am trying to rip a TV series DVD and keep the mini intro to each episode with the episode. On the original DVD, if I click to watch an episode it has a short intro by one of the actors describing the episode and then the episode starts. When I use Handbrake and several other free ripping tools, they all recognize the individual episodes but none of them seem to recognize the short intros so I can't rip them. Any advice would be appreciated on how I can do this. Thank you in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Play any vob file you find on the DVD for identifying the intro.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks but I clicked each VOB and found the opening DVD intro as well as the DVD menu but not the intros to each episode. The episode intros don't appear to be in its own VOB file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Perhaps they are hidden. Check the DVD with Isobuster to see if all files are displayed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Isobuster did not find any hidden files. I used PgcEdit to view the DVD structure and the intros are showing up as VTSM files while the episodes are VTST files. I'll play around with this a bit more to see if I can somehow extract them, but at the moment cant find a way to export or extract ... any ideas ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Renaming them? Just an idea.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Figured it out ... Using DVDDecryptor and changing file mode to 'File splitting by Cell ID' and extracting the files I was able to get the files I needed. Thanks for the suggestions along the way, it really helped me sort it out.
    Quote Quote