VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello... I am having problems ripping the 3rd Disc of the Scrubs tv show from the original DVD. I use DVD Shrink first, then DVD Decrypter to burn onto a blank DVD. I did the first 2 discs of the series without a problem, but on Disc 3, at around 47% on Shrink, has an error. Then I tried to rip it to my HD using Decrypter and at 27% it has an error that won't let me continue.

Please help with this ASAP and let me know how to get around this and bypass this problem.

Thanks

Dallas22
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like you may have a bad disc - I just did a test rip w/ DVDdecrypter and had no problems/errors.
    Try ripping the disc with your burner - some drives handle disc errors better than others.
    You can't fool me, I'm a moron!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks.. Giving it a try as we speak, but I am pretty sure the disc is not bad. I will try and run it from my DVD burner.

Dallas22
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well FWIW I have seen disks that appeared to play Ok that didn't like to rip. When I went back and tried playing the disk again with a more critical eye the two episodes that didn't want to rip did have some pixeling at approx the % point timewise that they stopped ripping. SO I decided bad disk. Have you tried running a surface check on the disk such as Nero CD-DVD Speed in surface check mode.

Good Luck
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, it seems that it worked from my DVD Burner Thanks for the info and idea... usually my Burner drive never let's me do any ripping, so I figured that it wouldn't let me and it wouldn't work... guess I was wrong

Anyways, I got it completly ripped to my HD and now I will use Shrink and encode, then finally Decrypter to brun it back to a blank DVD.

Thanks again!

Dallas22
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sounds like the disk may be marginal. If it were me, I'd want to exchange it.

OTOH if you were able to back it up I might just do two backups just in case later on I needed to do it again and the disk had deteriorated.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had a similiar problem with a different disk. Both Decrypter and Shrink would not rip it. I tried DVDFabDecrypter, and it ripped it. I'm not sure why this program would work where the others didn't, but, it did. It's always nice to have another useful free tool.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Having a similar issue with Scrubs Seasons 3/4/7 on a purchased DVD set. Season 2 ripped perfectly, but Season 3/4 killed DVD Decrypter while reading VTS_01_1.VOB. I have the final version of DVD Decrypter and it works flawlessly on almost every other DVD I've ever tried. I don't want to mess up the configuration so I'm hesitant to re-install. Must be the "Bad Sector Copy Protection" that is mentioned above. Don't really want to buy DVD Fab for only 3 seasons of a TV show I might not even watch.
    Quote Quote