VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Guys a few questions please

at the moment only trying to Rip in my DVD collection,

years ago I use to use DVD Decrypter, but over the past few weeks been using DVDFAB 12 and fairly impressed
    I have been making true 1:1 copies of the DVD to a folder VIDEO/AUDIO

Now when I have tried the Disney DVD been getting mixed results with DVD FAB ??

The DISNEY RIPPED Hard drive copies when played back through VLC player seem to glitch/pause throughout various parts of the film, it's almost like when a DVD changed layer, 1/2 second pause.

I guess this is Good Old DISNEY trying to stop you copying there DVDs ?

So with more investigation I downloaded PassKey from DVD fab, though with the trial they only let you try 3 attempts which I though was very bad.

It does do a better job of copying the DVD than FABDVD, as the menus and film now play more smoother, but still in the same place of the longer pauses, PASSKEY has improved by shortening the pause, but I can still see a slight short pause still at that point with a PASSKEY RIP?
    why is this ??? why do DISNEY DVDs pause ?

SO is ANYDVD better than PASSKEY ? I am just trying ANYDVD NOW ?

why bother using DVD FAB ??? why not just purchase PASSKEY ?

PASSKEY DOES NOT seem to work very well with DVDFAB12, so just been using it on its own ??

so is PassKey the way to go ?

is there a way rip DISNEY DVDs without the pauses, I'm thinking NOT!!, PASS KEY SEEMS to give the best results but NOT PERFECT ! I guess it is removing the DISNEY protection, but in it's place leaving some timing issues

any help Appreciated

regards
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    start dvdfab - click common settings (upper right hand corner of the dvdfab interface) click common settings - dvd - pathplayer - disable pathplayer
    restart dvdfab and retry copying the Disney DVD again. see if you still glitch/pause throughout various parts of the film.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hello

thank you for your reply

this did not make any difference but thank you, I have even stopped using FABDVD

I have tried both ANYDVD and passkey

both give the same results

Its not terrible but I can see the pause and know its there,

It should not happen or be there

regards
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Johnnysh View Post
    Hello

thank you for your reply

this did not make any difference but thank you, I have even stopped using FABDVD

I have tried both ANYDVD and passkey

both give the same results

Its not terrible but I can see the pause and know its there,

It should not happen or be there

regards
    have you tried cleaning the disc ??
    if that fails, then perhaps you have a bad disc ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hello Yes

tried cleaning the disc with IPA and disc cleaner, though they are in MINT condition, most disc have never been used
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can make a backup of the main movie using MakeMKV 1:1 no processing and ignores all protection schemes as it wraps the DVD in a MKV container.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    thanks for the info
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Just for anyone following this post

I have just found out that this problem of pausing is not related to the DISNEY protection,

It is something I'm noticing when playing back the RIP DVD images of the hard drive in VLC player

It seems to pause at chapters, if i set the player maker just before a new chapter, as it passes over the chapter the is pause in the video and sound

I have been on the VLC forum and someone replied to me suggesting disabling hardware acceleration

early days but it may have improved the problem

But nice to know it not related to the RIP of the DVD

Regards
    Quote Quote