VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. well! Im using a dual celeron in 98fsb.
    thats brings me around 1,1 ghz..
    and in w2k I get, say 60-70% cpu usage..

Ive checked around on cards and it works with s3 virge and geforce2 pro .
    this is only in w2k I got it to work.

gonna try it on a amd system with w2k soon.

I belive it some driver-os combination thats make the 1/3 love. btw I get this very high IRQ on my H+, its 19

system: dual celeron ~1,15ghz, mobo:bp6 bx, sb16 , gf2pro , netcard, H+ !

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm having no luck with DiVX plus. I'm running a 650MHz Athlon, 382Mb, SD-11 mobo and DiVX codec 3.11, under Win Me.
    The program will open, but there is no option to load or open a file. If I press play, the program becomes unresponsive, and needs Ctrl-Alt-Del 'End task' in order to close it.
    The idea of playing AVIs through the H+ sounds great, as the quality of the TV display is so much better than almost all graphics card TV out connectors. I'm sure there are a lot of very interesting functions that could be added if this gets developed, and is stable. I'm thinking maybe an all in one player for VCD, DVD, DiVX, MP3 etc, and ability to output almost any graphics or sound through the card. Almost a 'dual-head' display system?
    OK, you'd need a fast machine, but the H+ gives such a good TV picture, and is such a cheap add-in, it would be worth it.
    I hope whoever wrote this continues to develop the idea, or at least puts the source on public domain.
    Very good idea. I just wish it worked on my, and everyone else's machine.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I have a creative dxr3 card and have changed the driver to hollywood+ and when I installed win xp it stoped work properly. I'm using the nt driver but when I close the program it closes the hole computer...
    please help me!!!!!!!!!
    bear
    Quote Quote  
  4. Note: If you don't get the file-open window and get a runtime error when you press play, run setup (comes with divxplus and reboot. Worked for me...

My system:
    P3-933
    256 MB
    Hollywood+ Rev A.

Works great. A bit unstable, but great when I get it going.

El Guapo
    Quote Quote  
  5. elguapois
    I gave it another try. Running setup again made no difference. Has anyone got source code and perhaps documentation for this ap?
    Quote Quote  
  6. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-10-23 01:59:47, ronan wrote:
    elguapois
    I gave it another try. Running setup again made no difference. Has anyone got source code and perhaps documentation for this ap?
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

Hi I'm actually having the same problem.

I installed the 3.11 Alpha Codec, reboot, run the divxplus setup, reboot, and launch DIVXPLUS (the player), I have two probs :

first problem : I can't open a file because all I have is FullScreen, Invert, NTSC, Pal on the context menu
    second problem : if I click on play or pause, runtime crash:

DIVXPLUS a causé une défaillance de page dans le module DIVXPLUS.EXE à 0167:00401b46.
    Registres :
    EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=00401b46 EFLGS=00010202
    EBX=0063ea04 SS=016f ESP=0063e94c EBP=0063e9d0
    ECX=c17b11c0 DS=016f ESI=0000002c FS=5f4f
    EDX=00000000 ES=016f EDI=0000001b GS=0000
    Octets à CS : EIP :
    8b 08 ff 51 1c c3 90 90 90 90 a1 b8 98 40 00 50
    État de la pile :
    00000000 0040243f 0063e9b8 00008a28 0063e9d0 0063ea04 0202497f 89b299e4 00030000 00401f20 17d79e9d 00010000 07ec0202 07ec0020 00020202 00020000

Great !! Isn't it ?

Someone could help me ?

Thanx a lot
    Quote Quote  
  7. I had the same problem with this little ap..

Here´s how to get it working:

Make sure that it recides on C:\(whatever, but no spaces) then it should work. When the program starts it asks for the file you want to play. If you want to play another file close the program and load it again. It is very buggy, but I would like to see this develop further so we can watch through our H+ cards.

Regards,

Kristjan
    Quote Quote  
  8. Does Divxplus work on XP???
    I was a happy user of Divxplus when I used Windows ME and 98.I had only a few errors before i got it
    working on my PIII 500 MHz computer(128 Mb SD-ram). My question is:
    Has anyone had any succes, installing Divxplus on
    Windows XP?
    If so, please describe how you got it working.I think maybe one of my problems is that i don´t have
    enough memory, since XP uses 64 Mb alone.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi friends !
    i tested yesterday this program with my Creative dxr3, and it works, but i saw my clip mirrored, and 'feet-up' !
    any suggestions ??
    kind regards,
    nachomur
    Quote Quote  
  10. I have updated my OS to Win 2000. 650MHZ athlon, Divx3.11 codec.
    I managed to get squiggly lines on the screen with a RevA card, but no crashes. I tried a revS card, and got crashes again.
    Is anyone else working on something like this that is a little more stable?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by nachomur
    Hi friends !
    i tested yesterday this program with my Creative dxr3, and it works, but i saw my clip mirrored, and 'feet-up' !
    any suggestions ??
    kind regards,
    nachomur

http://rilanparty.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13578

head over there and read that thread
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by ronan
    I have updated my OS to Win 2000. 650MHZ athlon, Divx3.11 codec.
    I managed to get squiggly lines on the screen with a RevA card, but no crashes. I tried a revS card, and got crashes again.
    Is anyone else working on something like this that is a little more stable?
    Has to be intel cpu. I don't know why.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Loffas
    well! Im using a dual celeron in 98fsb.
    thats brings me around 1,1 ghz..
    and in w2k I get, say 60-70% cpu usage..

Ive checked around on cards and it works with s3 virge and geforce2 pro .
    this is only in w2k I got it to work.

gonna try it on a amd system with w2k soon.

I belive it some driver-os combination thats make the 1/3 love. btw I get this very high IRQ on my H+, its 19

system: dual celeron ~1,15ghz, mobo:bp6 bx, sb16 , gf2pro , netcard, H+ !

dual cpu's give you double the irq's. That can be good and bad. Both sets are emulated and not all cards support irq's of that type. SB live is an example.
    Quote Quote  
  14. A few notes.

intel cpu only
    right click on player to invert picture or change ntsc/pal
    you have to hit the play button
    launch dvd station and set that to tv out first (you have to load a dvd or mpeg file)
    only supports 640 width. smaller widths will have black bars on side. you can use a directshow filter to resize it to 640 if you want, but will require additional cpu power.
    it can load avs files by selecting all file types *.*, this means you can output any video codec/type with it. you can resize with avisynth too, but remember that avisyth only handles pcm/wav audio.
    audio is handled through your sound card
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    test
    Quote Quote  
  16. I have a hollywood plus card but a cant open any files (same as ... forgot his name.!) I reinstald divx plus and i am am sure there is no spaces in the path and i still can not play anything!... So please help me and say how this bugie stuf is working..

Ronald B.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Whe i install divx plus the mpeg player form my hollywood-plus card are not functioning anymore.. so reinstall the drivers and i can play dvd's again but i don't get divx plus correctly installed! Please tell me wich version of the hollywood drivers ary you running?

Ronald B.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hi. I do have a Creative Drx3 decoder card, but I am unable to make it play DivX files under XP. The bundled program (called Creative PC-DVD Station) only works for mpeg2 and so on, but no DivX support. How can I get it to play DivX files ? I have also tried DivXplus with no luck, since it got crash everytime I try to launch it. Is there anyone out there using one under XP ?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  19. re: video playing mirrored and feet up

i am running my dxr3 board on the creative drivers with divxplus
    through my video player and it works ok apart from the same prob with playing upside down and mirrored! no sound through tv but get sound through pc speakers(i can live with that!) checked the thread that was posted on the subject but its a dead link. any 1 got any ideas how to
    fix this? much appreciated thanks

im running win me with 466 celeron and no jerky playback at all!
    Quote Quote