VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I often find that I need to turn both the Windows volume & the Potplayer volume all the way up when playing back video in Potplayer.

The "Boost Audio" function generally causes too many harsh glitches & crackles to use.

When I playback music, for example, in iTunes I never need to go past 50% Windows volume.

Is there something I can do to increase the audio output in Potplayer?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I suppose you've ticked Enable in Preferences - Audio - Normalizer/Freeverb.

Can you check, if the volume level is low in all video files? If not, see what audio codec they use (aac, ac3, etc) and in what container (mp4, mkv, etc) plus what decoder/filter your PotPlayer uses.
    If the audio is ac3, you might go to Preferences - Audio - Volume Control and tick 'Pre-amplify AC#/DTS Vol.' (if your PotPlayer uses internal decoders). If you use AC3Filter you might fiddle with settings in its settings (ask google 'ac3+low audio volume' or something like that).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Generally the files I play are MP4 or MKV using AC3 or ACC.

I am using Lav Filters.

I did have Normalizer/Freeverb checked. But actually when I uncheck it the audio in general seems to increase a decent bit.

I tried the Pre-amplify AC#/DTS Vol, but the audio gets a bit distorted.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Potplayer is a bit cumbersome when it comes to audio preferences as there are so many different menus and views.

the best way to increase audio volume that I have found is this:

Increase master volume as much as you want until it starts to sound distorted. Shouldn't need more than 150%....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by skribby View Post
    Potplayer is a bit cumbersome when it comes to audio preferences as there are so many different menus and views.

the best way to increase audio volume that I have found is this:

Increase master volume as much as you want until it starts to sound distorted. Shouldn't need more than 150%....
    Thanks this helped me, I guess VLC is no use for me anymore. Pot Player has so many features.
    Quote Quote