VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have done this before and it worked but now it won't so I am looking for suggestions...

I have my ADVC300 connected up with the source SVHS going to a tape deck. The output video goes into a DVD recorder. The firewire (4pin) goes to my iMac where the ADVC300 software runs.

I can copy from the SVHS deck through the ADVC300 to the DVD recorder .... fine.

But when I use Final Cut Express 4 to Print To Tape, I get nothing coming out of the ADVC300. I have tried toggling the input-source on the ADVC300 but it seems to make no difference.

Any suggestions? Obviously I have tried restarting the mac, the ADVC300, switching them on in different orders, firing up the utility, not firing it up, firing it up then shutting it down, showing the preview window, NOT showing the preview window.... but I just cannot get anything coming out of the ADVC300.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    don't know if fce works the same as fcp but you might look through this.
    http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27393
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No luck I'm afraid. I thought I might have had it - by pressing the source button on the ADVC300 to select FW input, but no. I also tried leaving the checkbox selected in FCX - automatically start recording - which I had previously unticked - but again, no worky. I also tried putting the ADVC into manual (rather than PC) mode and selecting FW input. Still no picture. Yet when I play video into it, it works as normal. it's as though the iMac (via FCX) is not pushing the video out of the FW... even though I have refreshed the devices AND selected the correct device.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, be ready to be a) informed and b) amused.

I decided to burn a DVD and then use my DVD recorder to copy from the DVD to its hard disk. I did a test with a DVD I'd burnt on the mac before and it works. So I go into iDVD and guess what? It tells me that I am trying to create a PAL dvd with an NTSC movie!!!!! How did that happen? My whole setup is PAL..... somehow the video has been setup as NTSC which THUS explains why nothing wanted to come out of the ADVC300 from the MAC. I repacked it as a PAL and ...... TADA! The print to video works perfectly.

*Sigh* Thanks world for having multiple TV formats....

Quote Quote