VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rkruz
    Ive already tried sever other freeware version and they work great and
    Many of the freeware apps work very well for what they do but they are single purpose dedicated tools. As far as the freeware MPEG cutters go you couldn't make a mistake even if you tried as far as setting the bitrate is concerned because they don't encode video, at least none that I'm aware of. So congratulations you've successfully used a piece of software that you can't screw up. You're blaming something for your own inadequacies

exactly like one (with normal IQ) would expect
    I very doubtful of that.

Search PM
    rkruz, are all the appliances in your house blinking 12:00 ?

Search PM
    For those of you reading this thread that actually wish to do this instead of bitching and moaning here's some step by step instructions so you can truly understand how simple this is. Note this is using Video Studio 7 SE from 2003 according to the copyright on the disc. I use Uleads advanced editing app so I don't have a copy of the newer version of VS because I have no need for it, however the layout and directions will be nearly identical if not the same. These are directions for creating a standalone file, for creating discs use the tip provided previously by GerorgeW. There may even be a easier way to do this in the newer versions (like this isn't easy enough), however this method will work with all recent versions.

Step 1, drag a clip to the timeline and right click it and select properties. Note what the properties are. Specifically you need to know the Resolution, Bitrate and whether it's constant or variable rate encoding. I've circled in red where these are at in this image. Due to constraints of the dialog box size the entire properties may not be listed, simply put a cursor in the text box an move it to the right or highlight as I've done here. You may also want to match the audio settings too.

Step 2, Make any edits you wish to make.

Step 3, click Share>Create Video File>Custom. Note that bitrate under save options cirled here does not match my file specs so we have to change it..

Step 4, Click options and under the Ulead Tab make sure smartrender is enabled. If the save options in step 3 match the properties of clip that's it nothing more to do. Click OK and save your file.

Step 5, If the save options in step 3 do not match your clip properties adjust them to match your clip properties under the general and compression tab.

Step 6 save your file. It's that simple. One thing to note is that it has to generate a new file, the amount of time it takes is greatly influenced by your computer specs and the edits you have made. Adding transitions and effects will increase this time, simple cuts as being desrcibed in this thread should take no longer than if you copied the file from one folder to another in My Computer.

If you are going to be using files with the same properties constantly you can create a custom template. Custom templates Once created will available during step 3. After creating your custom template during step 3 simply select Share>Create Video File>NAME OF YOUR CUSTOM TEMPLATE and save the file. Simple as it gets.

To even speed things up further look in the manual for creating custom project settings.

Search PM
    rkruz,

That IS REAL SIMPLE.

Any standard NLE is going to expect you to do the same thing...

Scott

>>>>>
    edit: And I think the word you're trying to use is "Abomination". If Ulead was aborted, you would be working with something that doesn't yet exist.

Search PM
    Originally Posted by rkruz
    that works and doesnt uncessisarily double the file size
    What really amuses me is you keep saying that... I just showed you how to do it, WITH PICTURES YET, and you still insist on saying that.

Search PM
    In the famous words of a once prolific poster here.... Whatever ...

Search PM
    wayne86,
    Why don't you just make about 8 more posts in a row --about anything-- that include the words "Ulead" and "abortion" in them few times, just for good measure...
    You (and rkruz) seem to like hearing yourself say them so much.

After reading this thread a few times in the last few days and checking out the Ulead products, I've come to the conclusion that they're actually not bad at all, and that you 2 are either clueless and lazy, or flamebaiters, or BOTH.

You've gotten some good tips on how to improve your material, but you've never really followed through on it. To continue to badmouth in the face of knowledgeable suggestions is STUPID.

Scott

Search PM
    You say you followed through, but did you follow THEIR advice?

I did, (installed, inputted MPEGs, edited, output) and it didn't take ANYWHERE NEAR what you're complaining about. No crashes, fairly decent quality. Only difference was that I don't have one of those ADS boxes (created MPEG from elsewhere).

Did you ever think that maybe it might be the way your system was set up?

VideoReDo is fine (and can/should be used) for what it does: MPEG editing. But it isn't a general-purpose NLE (supporting diff. filetypes, layers, FX). These Ulead products ARE.

Use the right tool for the job.

Scott

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You guys should at least try some of the suggestions mentioned above since these guys took the time to try and help you out.

I dont see how acting childish is going to help you get further help if you need it.

Jeff

Search PM
    Originally Posted by wayne86
    Now VideoRedo is the polar opposite of the Ulead abortion. I installed and cut the noise off the front and back of a 4.5G .... blah,blah blah
    Congratulations you too have suceesfully used a program that cannot be screwed up by user input. Now try adding a title to it, try putting a transition between your cut....

EDIT: FYI that won't fit on single layer DVD if you simply trimmed a litte bit off the front back. It's too big.

Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia
    I've come to the conclusion that they're actually not bad at all,
    That's about what I've been saying for tha last 2 years, most iportantly they don't lock you out of the encoder settings which apprently can be a problem for some people if they don't wish to take the time to learn. For the begginer and enthusiasts it's about al you need. Only thing Ulead is lacking like most tools in its category is a lot of menu options. The menu templates can be edited to some degree using their image editing program Photoimpact.

FYI if you want to do software encoding on the fly give it a try, there was a thread in the capturing forum with some suprising results.

12. thecoalman,
    Just give up trying to explain...some people don't have a clue.
    In the immortal words of another VH member "I just farted".

Search PM
    Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK
    thecoalman,
    Just give up trying to explain...some people don't have a clue.
    I'm beggining to suspect there are other motives for this post so I'm just setting the record straight.

In the immortal words of another VH member "I just farted".
    Whatever....

14. Originally Posted by thecoalman

I'm beggining to suspect there are other motives for this post so I'm just setting the record straight.
    They wouldn't be advertising for VideoRedo would they?
    Because spamming is forbidden on this website.

Search PM
    Other they that, its about as useless as the help offered here.
    You want me to wipe your ass too. Don't confuse the usefulness of the help offered on this forum with your stupidity. I'm going to give it to you straight, if you can't follow the directions provided then you're a moron. That's not meant to be an insult either but just the plain truth.

Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK
    They wouldn't be advertising for VideoRedo would they?
    Because spamming is forbidden on this website.
    I don't think so, it was originally posted by another meber a few posts back and he's been around for quite some time.

Search PM
    The free editors are light years ahead
    Hey Wayne you just keep digging yourself a bigger and bigger hole. You're now confusing simple cutting tools with a full blown editor, there is a difference. It's like comparing a saw to a workshop full of tools, I'll try and keep the analogies simple so you can understand them. It may very well be the best saw in the world but at the end of the day it's still just a saw.

The Ulead abortion with take a perfectly good video that fit onto a DVD then corrupt it including making it larger then will fit on a DVD.
    Again, this has been done by thousands including myself and Cornucopia who posted above... So that leaves only one possible explanation as to why it doesn't work and that would the problem between the keyboard and the chair. It's been nice knowing you Wayne but I'm done wasting my time on this thread and I suspect so is yours, buh-bye

17. ^
    Three posts in a row mentioning VideoRedo,I stand by my previous theory.