VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've been on here. I just started up ripping Blu-rays again and I have a few questions about Handbrake settings. I am using AnyDVD HD to extract movie to HDD and I want to convert the movie to MP4 to play on my PS3 through a network hard drive. I don't want to use MakeMKV because I would have to use a media server to play on PS3. I have plenty of hard drive space, so I am not concerned about compression. I want to keep everything original, no compression, no loss, all audio intact. My question is what are the settings I should be using in Handbrake? I've searched up and down on the forums and everyone has settings posted but for compression and whatnot. And what settings should I use if I want to keep audio uncompress? Dolby TrueHD or DTS Master Audio? Thank you in advanced!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Handbrake always reencodes the video. You want to use MP4Muxer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok, I'll try and find a guide on here for it. Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Can I also try to go from MakeMKV with all the non-compressed audio and video then convert mkv to mp4 using another program? Or is there an easier/faster way to accomplish this?

I tried looking up guides for MP4Muxer, I couldn't find any guides for what I am trying to do.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor. With AnyDVD running in the background it'll extract the streams you want to individual files. Normally the video would be extracted to an MKV but I'm pretty sure it'll extract it to a "raw" file. Then you could mux the individual streams into a single MP4 with something like MyMP4BoxGUI.

Because MP4 generally sucks and is harder to work with than MKV, aside from remuxing them as MKVs I don't work with MP4s much myself so I can't recommend anything from personal experience, but you could try something like rebox.NET for remuxing MKVs as MP4s, or there's similar software listed on the same page.
    Quote Quote  
  6. May I throw a sticky wicket into this?

1) For my family, I'd like to EDIT objectionable content out of some of our BluRay discs, but I want to keep ABSOLUTELY AS MUCH QUALITY in both video and audio as possible. I can't seem to edit .mkv, and I edit using Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

2) I'd like to also have 7.1, 5.1, and Stereo tracks available when I EXPORT the edited video from Premiere Pro CC, but I don't know how to keep those as separate options for playback. Any ideas?

Thanks, all.

Please note, I'm on an iMac Pro.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by houseroundfile View Post
    May I throw a sticky wicket into this?

1) For my family, I'd like to EDIT objectionable content out of some of our BluRay discs, but I want to keep ABSOLUTELY AS MUCH QUALITY in both video and audio as possible. I can't seem to edit .mkv, and I edit using Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

2) I'd like to also have 7.1, 5.1, and Stereo tracks available when I EXPORT the edited video from Premiere Pro CC, but I don't know how to keep those as separate options for playback. Any ideas?

Thanks, all.

Please note, I'm on an iMac Pro.
    please don't grave rob old threads. make your own new one.

p.s. mkv is not an editable format for most editing software.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote