VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello

some help on makemkv please

Ok this is my first attempt at ripping a bluray disc and I have Disney Sleeping Beauty

It has two BluRay discs one with the film and extras and the second bluray has more goodies

So I have used MakwMKV but although its good, why on earth did they not integrate a player so you know what files to select from the many many that are listed in the tree

Yes ripping the largest sized file is normally the film, but what if you want to rip some other special extras, you can not tick them all! and Rip The whole BluRay, as you will be there all day!

So as MakeMKV have not thought out or made this selection process easy, is there any other way to find out what all the files are on a BlueRay, so one can know what to select in makemkv

It's a real shame such a good little ripping program has overlooked the basics and made it so difficult to use the program

any help will be very much appreciated,

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're expecting WAY too much from free software, esp. one that does something that AFAIK nothing else does. Stop whining.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hoser Rob
    1) it's not Free!
    2) I am not whining as you put it
    3) I would be more than happy to pay for something that gave a video view feature
    4) Why are you so negative?, Start embracing positive improvements and suggestions for god sake

It's all about moving forward and improving.... No one is saying it no good, but it has a weakness

and I can assure YOU I am not expecting too much!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    FYI, only LICENSED blu-ray player software can play blu-rays in their full feature capacity (w/ menus, links, etc). This is limited to Cyberlink PowerDVD, Corel WinDVDPro, Microsoft Bluray Pro, and (supposedly, but I doubt it) DVDFab Player5 pro. All other options will only play raw M2TS files or variants (MKV in your case), without seamless linkage and without menu stuff.
    The licensed players may play ISOs or not (mounted or not?), but very unlikely they would play MKV sets, as that is specifically bypassing the SOP of those producers' security expectations.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 30th Nov 2020 at 13:52.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you for your positive and constructive reply

Appreciated
    Quote Quote