VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Hi, I am trying to convert a VIDEO_TS file that I have on my hard drive, to avi. I walked through the VIDEO_TS to DivX how to, and set everything up exactly the way they said. I am using a powerbook g4 running panther. When I hit encode the progress bar appears and it finishes the process succesfully in about 1 sec. It doesn't create a file or anything. This is my first time so any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thank You,

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  2. Please post your process output (blue "i" icon).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    The only output that is in the window when i click on the "i" is:

Encoding started on Mon Nov 24 20:12:16 PST 2003

And in the progress bar it says it has finished.

Thanks for your time,

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  4. ambientmoon
    I also have this problem but only when i use any of the ffmpeg codecs to encode. All of the mencoder ones work fine with no problem. I'm trying to make DivX files from ripped video_ts folders (done with DVDbackup).

G5 dual 2Ghz
    OS 10.3.1
    FFMpegX 0.0.9a

any ideas? anyone else?

al.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Guest
    The only output that is in the window when i click on the "i" is:

Encoding started on Mon Nov 24 20:12:16 PST 2003

And in the progress bar it says it has finished.

Thanks for your time,

Chris
    Check the install instructions and verify if you followed all of the 3 steps.
    Quote Quote  
  6. artistofallsorts
    I think the problem is in the auto crop. Try entering the dimensions by hand.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Guilain
    Got same...

Encoding started on Sat Dec 6 21:22:14 CET 2003

Quote Quote  
  8. Guest
    Originally Posted by ambientmoon
    I also have this problem but only when i use any of the ffmpeg codecs to encode. All of the mencoder ones work fine with no problem.
    hi again,

Got the same problem but with the mencoder codecs (ffmpeg ones work fine)... I strictly followed the install instruction (3 steps)...

anyone

17" - Panther - Stuffit Deluxe 8.0.1
    Quote Quote  
  9. To explain the reason of this error, you should post detail about both your input file and encoding settings (preferably directly to my email major4@mac.com for quicker followup).
    Quote Quote  
  10. yakum
    I am also using a G4 on Panther and encoding XVID with mencoder. I have found that this problem only seems to occur when i am trying to encode more than 1 VOB file. If the FOB files are encoded individualy you can then use the join function to assemble them. I am still trying to encode multiple VOB files in the same run.

good luck
    Quote Quote  
  11. dazed&confused
    I have the same issue, tried lots of things, works with mencoder but not ffmpeg. AFAIK I followed the instructions. will try to get details when back at my mac!
    Quote Quote