VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Salutations All

It's been a factual while. Since I was last here, I have continued to progress in my video library, and whatever
    I have not known, I have researched and looked up and learnt in most cases.

However I have a bit of an issue.

I recently went searching for episodes of an anime, been searching for it for years in 1080p and I finally found
    a link with it seems every single file I was looking for. They're all MKV but I can simply use Avidemux or another
    program to make it an MP4.

My factual issue comes next:

When I tried to load the file into Avidemux, if I try to play it, it is slow, takes ages and even trying to play it in
    WMP, VLC or any other on my laptop results in failure. When I loaded it into MediaInfo, the result was this

Access violation at address 69A0A5D5 in module 'MEDIAINFO_1386.DLL'. Read of address 0ABEC000

That's the first time it has ever failed to do anything.

Next I tried MKVToolNix GUI, and low and behold instead of the dual audio and some subtitles and the actual
    video, I have alot of other things, even 6 chapters.

I'll post an image of it below.

[Attachment 46072 - Click to enlarge]

Now I have downloaded many Mp4s, Mkvs and other video media and this is the first time I have found a file
    that wasn't corrupted, is excellent quality (1080p) yet won't factually play. I cannot extract audio, saving
    through MKVToolNix does nothing to change that, I even tried to convert it with Wondershare Filmora. It closed
    the program after almost loading.

Now my problem is this:

What the factual hell is wrong with my file? I can provide a link to the file if you wish so you can try it yourself
    but I cannot figure it out. If it's just corrupted then I'll go looking for another one no harm no factual foul.

But this is the first issue issue I have had with an MKV that wasn't obviously corrupted.

Any information would be appreciated. I try to learn where I can
    Quote Quote  
  2. Just an update:

I tried to upload the file to an online video site (openload, streamango and so forth) and it worked,
    the site played the video no issue and I cannot understand why. So I, thinking I was just fortunate,
    download the file and I see the actual video frame width and height has suddenly dropped.

In MKVToolNix it says the file is 1920 x 1080, yet the file is only 1280 x 720 when I download.

Factually confusing.
    Quote Quote