VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

sometimes when downloading a foreign subtitle for an English movie it is not synced correctly with the video and if tried to re-sync it manually it will take a lot of time!

is there a way that I can download the original English subtitle (SRT file) along with the other language (SRT file) and only exchange the language but keeping the original timelines?

I am using Subtitle Edit and new to it.

Kindly help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitle Edit has an Auto translate menu item that uses Google translate, haven't tried it but no doubt there would be quite a few corrections to be made. I did one many years ago from Spanish to English but basically from scratch - used the timings from the Spanish sub and then it was a long manual process. It helped that I had a Spanish speaking friend and I know a little bit but took a couple of weeks.... Good luck
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Subtitle Edit has an Auto translate menu item that uses Google translate, haven't tried it but no doubt there would be quite a few corrections to be made. I did one many years ago from Spanish to English but basically from scratch - used the timings from the Spanish sub and then it was a long manual process. It helped that I had a Spanish speaking friend and I know a little bit but took a couple of weeks.... Good luck
    Thanks for your reply.

That's the point, I need to avoid long manual process and Google Auto Translation need alot and alot of corrections. I just need a way to transfer one SRT file translation to another SRT file keeping the timeline as it is
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have you tried Point sync? Set a time near the top of the video and one near the bottom

[Attachment 45851 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So ideally you would like to say copy and paste the dialog from SRT - A to SRT - B which contains the timings only? Just a though, unless there is provision for doing this in Subtitle Edit, maybe you could copy the dialog into separate cells in Excel with the timings in another column then copy the desired dialog into another column. Combine the timings and desired dialog and save as text? Just a few meandering thoughts too early in my morning!
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote