VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So i have used Subtitle Edit to OCR the fifth season of Homeland into SRT files and for some reason, the outputted SRT file(s) have some tags before and after a sentence or word. As you can see in the screenshot attached, it starts at the #25 mark and continues to #29 and then it stops for a while but comes back later again. I am not sure why this happens and if i am using wrong settings or something else i am missing?

It takes a lot of unnecessary time to correct these SRT files manually afterwards and need to know if there is anything i can do to avoid this for future OCR jobs?

Click image for larger version

Name:	homeland.PNG
Views:	267
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	45675
    Quote Quote  
  2. If the italic format is an error you could highlight all; right-click and select "Normal".

[Attachment 45677 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  3. <i> and </i> are italic tags. Apparently those lines were recognized as italicized. You can remove all the italic and bold flags by selecting all subs, and setting them to "normal". All the italic and bold tags will be removed. No changes will be made to the other subs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. That was an easy way to correct the errors, thanks guys!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Usually italics are on purpose, and indicate that the voice speaking is off camera, like a voice over.

So you might want to keep them?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by curious_jane View Post
    Usually italics are on purpose, and indicate that the voice speaking is off camera, like a voice over.

So you might want to keep them?
    My guess is his player doesn't support italic tags and just displays the tags.
    Quote Quote