VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've asked on this before but its still unresolved.

the screen shot shows the problem in Windows 7. But those numerals have no adjusters in the General Settings.

On a different install of the same version on Win10 everything is in place.

What element perhaps of Windows 7 metrics adjustments ( Start > metrics reveals all that) controls those numerals?
    I've checked everything else like resolution etc. In this new install the problem has unaccountably worsened as the viewer can see.

I will try a couple of things. Mayve I can reinstall on older version or -- well I don't know the different between regular and "portable" and those differences are not marked on the program clearly. I think I put portable to avoid problems since it seems to be a common install here on the forum.

So it appears to be a Windows 7 problem. I just don't know how to fix it.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SE start time numerals and durations.png
Views:	23
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	71110  

Quote Quote  
  2. Does it have to do with Truetype or some such being on or off?

I'll go into Metrics and see if I can find something trial and error.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I believe I have solved this in Windows 7

For future reference Windows 7 users

Start > Metrics > Change Windows metrics and colors >

the dialog that opens has a lot of adjustments in it and shows 'Desktop' . Open the down arrow on that,
    Scroll to Menu, click on that and set Seque or whatever font as 10 pt.

Changing all of the settings one by one the numerals flipped when adjusting Menu.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	set menu in windows 7 metrics.png
Views:	17
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	71111  

Quote Quote  
  4. Can't you adjust the width of the timestamp fields by dragging at the dividers at the top of the colums?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Can't you adjust the width of the timestamp fields by dragging at the dividers at the top of the colums?
    Thanks for answering,

That would be really handy. The only internal panes that I see move in the drag way are the video and audio.
    But it brings up an interesting point-- on the images at videohelp for Subtitle edit in Software it shows one large video window and one narrower audio window. On the other pic, the audio is larger and goes nearly the width of the screen. That may be a limitation of my old 5:4 monitors.

Afrer more testing this to have something conclusive I would say adjust the "message box" option. I've about had it for today but wanted to acknowledge it might not be "the last word" on it.

I'm running the smaller scale screen option (100% rather than 125% or something as you advised earlier to 'scale things'. It's just too many variables to control sensibly. Windows 10 no longer shows metrics at all. They are calling it something else.

I suppose I made the adjustments over the years for my Mr. MaGoo vision and definitely lost track of it all.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Best way to test this kind of thing is to create a second profile for yourself and test there. All these
    things will be set to defaults
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Best way to test this kind of thing is to create a second profile for yourself and test there. All these
    things will be set to defaults
    Thanks dave,

These two number elements, duration and start time are handled by the 'profile' if you will in Windows 7. I'm out of the woods on it now. Once I understood that it was an adjustment in Windows b/c I had been through all the General settings in SE. Plus the fact that I have perfectly accurate displays from a Win10 build and install.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I though you were talking about the main subtitle list box:

[Attachment 71113 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 71114 - Click to enlarge]
    I may have touched this drag at some point but there is so little screen real estate with SE, where would the video box go?
    Anyway I think the question is moot now.

Thanks for the images and reply
    Quote Quote