VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey, does anyone here happen to know of any good programs for burning Blu-rays that offer customizable menu features? All I want is to be able to put whatever picture I please as the background menu image, but most of the apps I've found just offer cheesy pre-made templates. Not worried about price right now, just want to know what my options are. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    Hey, does anyone here happen to know of any good programs for burning Blu-rays that offer customizable menu features? All I want is to be able to put whatever picture I please as the background menu image, but most of the apps I've found just offer cheesy pre-made templates. Not worried about price right now, just want to know what my options are. Thanks!
    Have you tried Toast 18 Pro? If Toast 18 Pro is no good you'll probably need to use authoring software designed to run on a Windows PC. I couldn't find any other Blu-ray authoring software (what you need for Blu-ray menu creation) for Macs listed in VideoHelp's software section.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 1st Aug 2020 at 22:09.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the replies, guys.

Does anyone have experience with DVDFab? I found and bought a program called Leawo Blu-ray Creator, which allows for custom background image and music on the disc menu, but the pre-burn encoding is OBSCENELY slow (to give some context, my Mac is a 12 core intel with a SSD, among other frills, and is wicked fast at basically everything I’ve done on it until now). On top of that, it pauses every time the computer or monitor goes into screen saver or sleep mode, which means babysitting it for hours to keep it awake and moving. Also odd is that Leawo doesn’t allow for thumbnail selection on the scene select menu.

Based on that link DVDFab seems very similar in function, but if it allows thumbnail selection or is faster than Leawo I think I’ll get a refund and get that one instead.

Thoughts?

What’s the difference between Toast 18 and Toast 18 Pro? I love how fast and sturdy Toast is and that it verifies burn success, but I’m unaware of any menu customization functions.

Is there a way to make a Windows program function on a Mac? Sorry if that’s a silly question.

Thanks again for the help, gang.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replies, guys.

Does anyone have experience with DVDFab? I found and bought a program called Leawo Blu-ray Creator, which allows for custom background image and music on the disc menu, but the pre-burn encoding is OBSCENELY slow (to give some context, my Mac is a 12 core intel with a SSD, among other frills, and is wicked fast at basically everything I’ve done on it until now). On top of that, it pauses every time the computer or monitor goes into screen saver or sleep mode, which means babysitting it for hours to keep it awake and moving. Also odd is that Leawo doesn’t allow for thumbnail selection on the scene select menu.

Based on that link DVDFab seems very similar in function, but if it allows thumbnail selection or is faster than Leawo I think I’ll get a refund and get that one instead.

Thoughts?

What’s the difference between Toast 18 and Toast 18 Pro? I love how fast and sturdy Toast is and that it verifies burn success, but I’m unaware of any menu customization functions.

Is there a way to make a Windows program function on a Mac? Sorry if that’s a silly question.

Thanks again for the help, gang.
    here's a youtube video of dvdfab blu-ray menu creator - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87kGbPa9yDI
    the version used is an older version but same thing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Roxio product page for Toast 18 Titanium claims it has the ability to do DVD authoring while the webpage for Toast 18 Pro claims it can do both DVD authoring and Blu-ray authoring. https://www.roxio.com/en/products/toast/pro/

I don't have a Mac so I can't verify that Toast 18 Pro has all the features for Blu-ray authoring that you want. I only know that for a long time Toast has been the go-to product for Mac owners who want to burn optical media.

Leawo is a second-tier software company and I'm not sure that their Blu-ray software has licensing and certification from the Blu-ray Disc Association. It is more likely to be reverse-engineered like DVDFab, which is best-known for its software for ripping copy-protected commercial Blu-ray and DVD discs.

The names of the software that I've heard allow running Windows programs on a Mac are Boot Camp and Parallels. I think that a copy of Windows is also needed.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 6th Aug 2020 at 17:51.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    here's a youtube video of dvdfab blu-ray menu creator - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87kGbPa9yDI
    Although their ripping software has a Mac version, DVDFab's website says that DVDFab Blu-ray Menu Creator is for Windows only.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Although their ripping software has a Mac version, DVDFab's website says that DVDFab Blu-ray Menu Creator is for Windows only.
    there's both windows & mac versions - https://www.dvdfab.cn/blu-ray-creator-for-mac.htm
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks for all the helps, gang.

Upon further exploration I have found Roxio Toast 17 DOES have a custom menu function, it’s just very well hidden. But it allows for a custom menu image, and that’s all I’m really asking for in a menu, so I’m happy with that.

I’ve requested a refund from Leawo for their flimsy, glitchy program, so God willing that happens fast and smooth, and I can get back on track.

Thanks for the names of Windows/Mac programs, usually_quiet. Hopefully now I won’t need to resort to that but it’s excellent to know I have that option if I should ever need it.
    Quote Quote