VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I just got myself this player and would like to update the firmware of it.
    The firmware currently available on philips support is v1.73 which comes with Cinavia protection.
    Can someone please upload the zip file of the older firmware v1.72 or v1.66 (english)?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Dear Freind,
    I am having the same problem and i had my 1.62 firmware with me. So i installed and now my problem sort out. Only thing is now YouTube and Picasa not working. But those are not really importent for me.

I am having a BDP3200/98

So if you alsoo having the same model i can upload it for you tomm. Please replay me. Because BDP3200 having lot of its different model like

BDP3200/12
    BDP3200/15.. etc..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by isatsara View Post
    Dear Freind,
    I am having the same problem and i had my 1.62 firmware with me. So i installed and now my problem sort out. Only thing is now YouTube and Picasa not working. But those are not really importent for me.

I am having a BDP3200/98

So if you alsoo having the same model i can upload it for you tomm. Please replay me. Because BDP3200 having lot of its different model like

BDP3200/12
    BDP3200/15.. etc..
    I've seen different people successfully downgrading from 1.73 to previous (non-cinavia) firmwares (/98, /55, /77). However, it seems that either the BDP3200/12 firmware (which I have) or the latests versions of said firmware does not allow this option.

I would appreciate to know if any other users have any experience/knowledge about this issue.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have the same problem with my BDP3200/98 philips after i upgrade it. Please upload the 1.62 firmware for BDP3200/98 philips. Thank
    Quote Quote  
  5. I tried v.1.72 and v.1.66. None of them works.

I don't know if v.1.62 is even available since it's the version installed originally.
    Quote Quote  
  6. for what i read elsewhere, once you have upgraded to the newer version with cinavia protection, its not possible to downgrade anymore
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hell_fire View Post
    for what i read elsewhere, once you have upgraded to the newer version with cinavia protection, its not possible to downgrade anymore
    Yes, that seems to be the case. Yet some people claim otherwise.

I'm not sure about the legal aspects of forcing consumers to use a specific firmware, but it would be nice to be able to downgrade... At the very least Philips should state clearly that updating to Cinavia firmware is irreversible.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by MidnightManiac View Post
    Originally Posted by hell_fire View Post
    for what i read elsewhere, once you have upgraded to the newer version with cinavia protection, its not possible to downgrade anymore

I'm not sure about the legal aspects of forcing consumers to use a specific firmware, but it would be nice to be able to downgrade... At the very least Philips should state clearly that updating to Cinavia firmware is irreversible.

the only thing it will work,even with cinavia installed will be a memory stick,fast transfer and you can watch any video without any messages from cinavia
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by cristian2014 View Post
    Originally Posted by MidnightManiac View Post
    Originally Posted by hell_fire View Post

the only thing it will work,even with cinavia installed will be a memory stick,fast transfer and you can watch any video without any messages from cinavia
    Yeah, USB (flash or hdd) - or DLNA streaming - is definitely the way to go now to avoid Cinavia.

Some of the initial international releases of the first Cinavia-enforced Philips firmware actually could be downgraded.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cristian2014 View Post
    So you joined us last month and you decide to make your first post here a graverobbing post. Nice.

Yeah, we all know what you said. It's common knowledge. It's been discussed endlessly here, just not in this particular thread.
    Quote Quote