VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok so I did something stupid whilst rendering a video, I had the box "close media files when not focused" checked and I tabbed out while rendering. I unchecked the box and was going to re-render the video because of course it came out black but then I find the majority of the video won't play in the time line now either and still renders black. Is there any way to fix this without redoing the entire video? It has like 30 cuts in it and a narration timed to those cuts and I don't want to redo the entire thing Is there a way to force it to reload the files or something? It will play a couple frames every minute or so but that's it!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That check box has to do with releasing locks on the files.

Maybe it doesn't play because you encoded it messed up.

Don't expect "live Realtime" in the preview window, especially on camera video. That stuff is highly compressed.

What is "Tabbed Out"? You mean Minimized? Nothing wrong with that, unless you use the computer at the same time.

Is it an Apple MP4? You need QuickTime installed.
    Last edited by budwzr; 19th Mar 2014 at 21:33.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    That check box has to do with releasing locks on the files.

Maybe it doesn't play because you encoded it messed up.

Don't expect "live Realtime" in the preview window, especially on camera video. That stuff is highly compressed.

What is "Tabbed Out"? You mean Minimized? Nothing wrong with that, unless you use the computer at the same time.

Is it an Apple MP4? You need QuickTime installed.
    The file I rendered doesn't play but now also the timeline preview doesn't display any video, I don't mean not in real time I mean at all. Imagine throwing a video file in there and it's just blank in the preview.

I rendered it the same way I've rendered hundreds of videos but I just recently upgraded to 12 from 10.

It's a Windows Media .wmv

and yes by tabbed out I meant I opened firefox and was on Facebook.

I'm making a video now of the problem so you can see it without me having to try to explain it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Make a custom render template. Use the attributes of the old v10 Vegas.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Make a custom render template. Use the attributes of the old v10 Vegas.
    Ok I made a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrwI734akOE&feature=youtu.be

I did it literally as fast as possible so careful about the sound, I didn't level it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Make sure the project is saved, then close vegas & all video applications including media players (It's probably better to reboot as well) , then reopen.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, or I was going to mention "recapture media".
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Make sure the project is saved, then close vegas & all video applications including media players (It's probably better to reboot as well) , then reopen.
    I'll try that, I tried doing that and deleting the cache files Vegas created but it said they were in use, maybe ill try restarting and see if that helps
    Quote Quote  
  9. If the reboot still doesn't fix it, disable GPU accelaration - it can do funky things in vegas
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another option is to build a proxy. Right click the media in the project media window.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    If the reboot still doesn't fix it, disable GPU accelaration - it can do funky things in vegas
    Rebooting worked. Thank God. Thank you guys for all your help.
    Quote Quote