VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe I should try to be sued by the RIAA.

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news2.php?ID=8941

Then again, maybe not :P
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can watch the ad here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/ads/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a few cases of pepsi on order already
    1 in 3 chance.... 4 cases... thats thats at least a chance to get 8 songs if my math is correct!

8)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    green day should not be covering the clash, the clash is the clash, you dont cover the clash, unless your own songs are shite, which green days are.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by luvvbuzz
    green day should not be covering the clash, the clash is the clash, you dont cover the clash, unless your own songs are shite, which green days are.
    The what by the who

features music by Green Day. The band cut a special version of the 1966 Bobby Fuller Four hit I Fought the Law for the ad, by BBDO, New York.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok so i forgot about the other version, but green day are still shite and are not a touch on the clash. green day= pretend punk
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just saw it... awesome.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  8. Was it on during half time, what happened?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not during halftime... however something else was "out" duirng halftime
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    speaking of that other thing that popped out. I walked away from the tv as soon as justin came out. then heard about it later.

been kicking myself ever since.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    me to gizmo. me to.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I particularly had to like the part of the ad where the girl says:
    "We're going to continue to download music for free off the internet...
    ...and there's nothing anyone can do about it."

And they say irony is dead.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by GizmoTheGremlin
    speaking of that other thing that popped out. I walked away from the tv as soon as justin came out. then heard about it later.

been kicking myself ever since.

Don't worry...it's all over the 'net

The PG version - http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20040202/ts_alt_afp/us_jackson_inci...t_040202151442

And the more revealing version -

http://imghost.messiahsoft.net/janet.jpg
    http://imghost.messiahsoft.net/janet2.jpg
    http://imghost.messiahsoft.net/janet3.jpg

courtesy of this thread -
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203445

Look for the clip in all the usual places that you can download such things
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't worry...it's all over the 'net
    Ahh, thanks for that rookie. I think it would have been more interesting to see it live on national television though. Those chances don't come around too often.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,114586,00.asp

A company called TuneRecycler wants to do their part to keep Pepsi's money out of the RIAA's hands and into the hands of real artists.

If you're not going to use ITunes, you may as well drop any codes you get onto TuneRecycler's website. I'm all for supporting independent artists, especially when it doesn't cost me anything.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My first Responce:

WTF? That's a #$@%$% Imac. That little un-supervised adolescent was using a Windows machine to d/l songs.

Then at the end there is Itunes.

You see, Aples only exist in the Movies and TV land. Like 90% of Movies and TV's use Apples, just watch and see. It's jsut too funny to see that, when it's actually the opposite. In fact I've never seen an apple in a business enviroment that wasn't art related ( the one exception involves an owner forcing imacs on the office, and of course the software blows).

I'm not apple bashing here, it's an image issue. The image is that apples are 'legitamate', and pirates use windows machines. Bigtime pirates actually use more linux, but that's another issue.

The commercial was misleading, it was not a public service announcement. It's illegal in the US to profit from a crime, so the girl can't be paid for the endorsement. So, it must have been part of her plea bargin, so she was forced to say the things she did.

Pure crap.
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't find the ad all that "clever," either.

How long before someone hacks the code and figures out a way to log on and take one song at a time without having to buy the product? I give it 2, 3 days max.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. - Mark Twain

Tolerance is not a virtue. Only the intolerant demand tolerance of everyone else.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gazorgan
    You see, Aples only exist in the Movies and TV land. ... In fact I've never seen an apple in a business enviroment that wasn't art related ( the one exception involves an owner forcing imacs on the office, and of course the software blows).
    Did you notice that the #3 supercomputer on the planet is a cluster of G5 Powermacs? Not especially art related, is it...?

Oh, and I'm sure the software was crap. It was probably MS Office.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gazorgan
    WTF? That's a #$@%$% Imac. That little un-supervised adolescent was using a Windows machine to d/l songs.

Well yeah, but it's an ad for an Apple service. You wouldn't expect to see Linux b0xen in a Windows ad, would you? :P

You see, Aples only exist in the Movies and TV land. Like 90% of Movies and TV's use Apples, just watch and see. It's jsut too funny to see that, when it's actually the opposite.
    I've always wondered about that. Either Apple has a big budget for product placement, or set dressers just love Macs because they're so swank looking. I saw that widescreen floaty display that Apple made and almost converted just to have an excuse to get one.

The commercial was misleading, it was not a public service announcement. It's illegal in the US to profit from a crime, so the girl can't be paid for the endorsement. So, it must have been part of her plea bargin, so she was forced to say the things she did.
    I don't think so. She settled the case, remember? Settlement=no crime and no crime = no plea bargain. The amusing thing is that I bet she spends exactly $0 of that cash on music.

Pure crap.
    I second that. I thought she came off as a smug, bratty little thief. If I was her father and saw her on tv like that, the beating would still be going on. I'm not going to pretend that I've never downloaded music, but I'm not going to act like it's some sort of Guevara-esque act of rebellion, either. Personally, I'm hoping that she gets caught shoplifting or something and takes the same heat the Dell dude did when he got busted for weed.
    Fight spammers ghetto kung-fu style! Join the Unsolicited Commandos! or the Spam Vampires!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by luvvbuzz
    ok so i forgot about the other version, but green day are still shite and are not a touch on the clash. green day= pretend punk
    green day is ok. your stand sounds dated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by haloblack
    I don't think so. She settled the case, remember? Settlement=no crime and no crime = no plea bargain. The amusing thing is that I bet she spends exactly $0 of that cash on music.
    Not exactly. Settlement (usually) means copping to a lower crime and other stipulations as agreed by both parties. Instead of say, $100K, she pays $300 and agrees not to download any more music (riiight ).

Maybe they can't pay her per se, but if she just happens to "win" those music points, or a few hundred cases of Pepsi fall off a truck onto her lawn, well, those things happen
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by sigpop
    Not exactly. Settlement (usually) means copping to a lower crime and other stipulations as agreed by both parties. Instead of say, $100K, she pays $300 and agrees not to download any more music (riiight ).
    There were no criminal charges, it was a civil suit.

-drj
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You know I heard about the ad about a week ahead of time, and kinda uh... slept through the SuperBowl, so I watched the ad online afterwards. Nothing special really, I'd have thought Pepsi and Apple together could do better.

Oh well no free music for me, Pepsi taste like once carbonated now flat mud water to me.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Gazorgan
    My first Responce:

You see, Aples only exist in the Movies and TV land. Like 90% of Movies and TV's use Apples, just watch and see. It's jsut too funny to see that, when it's actually the opposite. In fact I've never seen an apple in a business enviroment that wasn't art related ( the one exception involves an owner forcing imacs on the office, and of course the software blows).

I'm not apple bashing here, it's an image issue. The image is that apples are 'legitamate', and pirates use windows machines. Bigtime pirates actually use more linux, but that's another issue.

Pure crap.
    I agree whole-heartedly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    We hve them here, but thats because I support Macs. Well I do for another week anyway. (long story, short version, not layed off, but have to act as a PC tech for a while)

Also I know for a fact that around 95 96ish the entire LARGE Nortel campu used Macs, I think the use PCs now though.
    Quote Quote