VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

Is there a Way to remove these quick and easy? I have some DVDs on my HDD. Can i patch out all the menus with some tool? I know, it would work to throw the dvds through a ripper, but maybe there is an easier method?

Sorry, english is not my native Language

thanks a lot
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by schmutzbrust View Post
    Hello,

Is there a Way to remove these quick and easy? I have some DVDs on my HDD. Can i patch out all the menus with some tool? I know, it would work to throw the dvds through a ripper, but maybe there is an easier method?

Sorry, english is not my native Language

thanks a lot
    I know of a program (DVDReMake) which allows removing secondary menus for things like scene selection, language and subtitles if they are not needed. However, I have not used it so I don't know if DVDReMake allows removing the main menu as well to create a true menuless DVD.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. if you just want to ignore menus and jump into your title, then PGCEdit is very powerfull tool and fixes just VIDEO_TS ,
    not sure f you can jump into a title from First Play right away, you might create dummy VMGM and jump into your title from there.

advantage
    -you can leave original First play jump command there (at the bottom) and always reverse that DVD, VIDEO_TS to work as it was by just loading it into PGCEdit and delete those first lines in First Play, what you added there
    disadvantage
    -difficult to grasp what is going on in that PGCEDIT, learning basic commands (create VMGM, jump into VMGM, jump to title) so only worthy if you do a lots of those DVD's like that, but PGCEdit would help you with its interface with those commands so you do not need to remember them
    - you still have your menus there, nothing is removed
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since the discs are already ripped to .iso or .vobs, you can use DVDShrink and choose the main movie (and extras if you choose) only. I will only take a few minutes since your source is on the hard drive. I do this with my dvds since it won't rip discs with newer copy protection.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks to all. I'll check that next Days
    Quote Quote