VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i bought TRANSFORMERS on HDdvd yesterdayt - and now i try to convert it to BLURAY via the great guide on "doom9". But when i have evodemuxed the file and wants to get the audio out with EAC3to - i get an "error" message... the guide says to "rename" the audio.mpa to audio.dd+ , but when i do that the file STILL is a .mpa file even though i clicked on it and "renamed" it audio.dd+
    It seems like the file just gets the name : audio.dd+.mpa - i mean , it doesn't change the filetype - and therefor the EAC3to program can't find the file...

Anyone else ever had the same problem ???
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You probably should ask at Doom9 as very few of us here even attempt to do this kind of thing. If you did ask at Doom9 and no one helped you, I'm sorry, but that's how it is at Doom9 sometimes. You might wait a month and post again (I've done that before at Doom9) and you might get help then. A few years ago I posted a technical question and nobody responded and then about 1 month later I posted it again and got some good help.

MPEG Audio is legal for HD DVD. I was loaned a copy of The Transformers on HD DVD by a co-worker. I no longer have it and I have no way to rip it. I can tell you though that this copy (sold in the USA) definitely did not have MPEG audio on it. Whether or not your copy actually MPEG audio or there is some weird problem with EAC3to, I can't say, but it is theoretically possible to have MPEG audio on HD DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. pay attention.. if your audio if mpeg 1 layer 2 files, eac3to is unable to decode

check audio proprierties with avinaptic or mediainfo

BHH
    HDConvertToX, AutoMen, AutoMKV Developer
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our NEW blu-ray/hd-dvd ripping forum.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kulmagen
    i bought TRANSFORMERS on HDdvd yesterdayt - and now i try to convert it to BLURAY via the great guide on "doom9". But when i have evodemuxed the file and wants to get the audio out with EAC3to - i get an "error" message... the guide says to "rename" the audio.mpa to audio.dd+ , but when i do that the file STILL is a .mpa file even though i clicked on it and "renamed" it audio.dd+
    It seems like the file just gets the name : audio.dd+.mpa - i mean , it doesn't change the filetype - and therefor the EAC3to program can't find the file...

Anyone else ever had the same problem ???
    It doesn't matter what you call the file.

When you demux the audio, call it input.ac3

then, start>cmd and navigate to your eac3to folder and then type, eac3to "X:\source directory\input.ac3" "X:\destination directory\audio.ac3" -libav -640

This gets you a useable ac3 file that will be accepted by most software.

If you're still having problems, did you apply the dump file?
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote