VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    in foobar2000 i have the option for ADPCM - Loop indefinitely
    in advanced preferences for playback

i think it has something to do with quantization , it's not check by default

would i gain anything or risk something by checking it ?

if i'm using foobar2000 for file conversion would that do anything since it's a playback option ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    WAV files, usually LPCM or ADPCM but also other codings, have as one of its metadata features in the container a table for listing "regions" (with start & end time noted). This could be used as edit points, chapter marks, loop points, etc.
    The format supports the feature, but not many apps take advantage of it, and those that don't are supposed to completely ignore it.

I'm guessing this is how this capability is realized in your app. Yes, it CAN be a playback-only capability. Obviously, if there were no regions already saved to the file, you would either have to use the default (The WHOLE LENGTH of the file) or create a set of regions and re-save the file with the metadata. Notice it doesn't affect the actual audio samples, just the markings.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok good it doesn't affect the audio .that's all i wanted ..
    i was thinking it had something to do with discontinuity of blocks of some kind of streaming media
    or even that it was used to keep sync with the video

the ADPCM_MS was the audio part of a ASF video file
    Quote Quote