VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Whenever you encounter a problem provide the complete script and the error message you got when opening the script in VDub (using Video->Open video file). Do you have the required ffms2.dll somewhere? I load everything in the script and don't depend on anything autoloading. Otherwise your source line looks okay. Except I don't know about all those ************ things. Were they really a part of the script? Can you rename the video to something else so it becomes something like:

FFVideoSource("sample.mkv")

You've already been given the Fade command multiple times yet you insist on screwing it up. Did you intend on adding two frames to the total frame count? No? You can do both the FadeIn and Fadeout in a single command:

FadeIO0(15)

Note the 'zero' in there. Don't use DirectShowSource if you can possibly avoid it. Or let MeGUI create the script for you to open your video.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I was noting case sensitivity if that is an issue. My script shows lower case ff... etc.
    If what you show will adjust it I'll rewrite that part.
    Next, no, no ***** are in the actual file. I never know if what I'm working on is a sensitive
    issue for videohelp to display on the forum.
    Lastly I'll go hand copy the error (how many can there be at that point?) and load through the program rather than drag it.
    Lesson for me is start from scratch without a template.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Back with a new question and the error message:

It just says

Unable to open file: C:\Users\lon\Desktop\Fade practive for AVS\My AVS file Test one.avs

the spelling error is mine when typing it.

I had installed the ddl's in plugins. But I noticed that there is a dialog screen to add or delete filters. How to I add what's needed to the Add Filters and is this the cause of the of the error? Why is there no usable filter in that last after so long?

Here is the script rewrite with case change and other template text deleted:

FFVideoSource("Shakespeare Lives Midsummer Nights Dream Fade Sample.mkv")

FadeIn(15)

Somewhere along the line I caught a typo in the file name. Corrected that and the
    error persists.
    Quote Quote  
  4. No, it's not case sensitive. You can use big 'F' or little.

I had installed the ddl's in plugins.
    You didn't show your complete script? It was more than just the one line?

It just says...
    What is 'It'? VDub or MeGUI? I'd suggest opening your video in MeGUI and studying the script it gives back.

FadeIn(15)
    So, I guess you're happy changing the frame count by adding a frame to your source?

An additional color frame is added at the start/end, thus increasing the total frame count by one (or for FadeIO, by two).
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Fade

Yes, it's not intuitive. Yes, it's stupid. Yes, that's just the way it is. Use FadeIn0(15) instead.

Edit: Oh, I guess it is MeGUI. That calls for hello_hello as I don't have MeGUI installed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. One question on a parallel track for hello_hello on the MeGUI

I should start a new sample which I will prepare from a final, _final_ edit (which I should have made-another mistake to fall into.)

But today I loaded the current sample in MeGUI.
    At the File Indexer I selected for FFmsIndex rather than L-Smash. (Who thinks up the names?)
    As you said, it updated and installed the FFms
    then loaded my sample. I had not initiated my script any place. But at the script tab I noticed there is a canned script in the Script Creator for FFms with some other setup commands for langzos etc.

Question: Though I don't know anything about using and saving in MeGUI yet, can the
    simple FadeIn(15) command be added to the stock MeGUI script? I'm tired of seeing errors with no result at all. The Script Creator looks to be something I need but I'm continuing with both methods, yours and manono.

I'll prepare a new sample and work folder. Also if I ask what sounds like the same question, please realize that this is a different context. All the 'you've been told this and that' (manono) is tedious and not something I can change.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Last thing today. I found my own error (for now) in the Virtual Dub. My FFVideoSource Plugin was not installed to Virtual Dub. It was originally put in plugins32 in AVISynth. The not found error above was eliminated. I have an image in Virtual dub of my clip. It said Autoloaded 14 filters.

The expression used (and I don't know if lines of code have to be separated by spaces is:

FFVideoSource("Megui clip sample Midsummer Part two fade out.mkv")
    FadeOut(15)

(also I don't know how to make the fancy "code" indicator box....)

I made this a fadeout for a new clip

It's in there and I dragged the video and script to Virtual Dub. I feel better having fixed one error. But a long way to go.
    Quote Quote  
  7. AviSynth dlls don't belong in VirtualDub's plugins folder, they belong in AviSynth's plugins folder. VirtualDub's plugins folder is for VirtualDub plugins.

ffVideoSource() in an AviSynth script requires ffms2.dll be in AviSynth's plugins folder (or be loaded explicitly by the AviSynth script with LoadPlugin("x:\path\to\ffms2.dll")).

There is an ffmpeg source filter for VirtualDub, ffInputDriver.vdplugin, but it has nothing to do with AviSynth and is not required to open an AviSynth script with VirtualDub.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    AviSynth dlls don't belong in VirtualDub's plugins folder, they belong in AviSynth's plugins folder. VirtualDub's plugins folder is for VirtualDub plugins.

ffVideoSource() in an AviSynth script requires ffms2.dll be in AviSynth's plugins folder (or be loaded explicitly by the AviSynth script with LoadPlugin("x:\path\to\ffms2.dll")).

--> Yes, that I did initially. Perhaps some other snafu or correct syntax gave a no error result

There is an ffmpeg source filter for VirtualDub, ffInputDriver.vdplugin, but it has nothing to do with AviSynth and is not required to open an AviSynth script with VirtualDub.
    I'm not quoting correctly but that's a problem for another day.

I'm back to say I had a positive result in making a Fade both fade in on one file and fade out on another in Virtual Dub. I was able to give a proper Filter and source AVS file in Virtual Dub to get a result. Also used the Fast Recode option as explained earlier. It does not save correctly though for use in VLC.

I consider this day to have accomplished some things.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    I'm back to say I had a positive result in making a Fade both fade in on one file and fade out on another in Virtual Dub. I was able to give a proper Filter and source AVS file in Virtual Dub to get a result. Also used the Fast Recode option as explained earlier. It does not save correctly though for use in VLC.
    Did you use a video codec supported by VLC?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    FadeOut(15)
    Compare the total number of frames in your video before using the FadeOut and after. Maybe it doesn't matter. Maybe there's no audio. Maybe because it's a Fadeout at the very end of the video you don't care that there's an extra frame now. I use Fades throughout my videos and the last thing I need is the audio going out of synch because of it. It's better to develop good scripting habits from the beginning.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    Is that in a codec pack or something from VLC to install? Maybe it was just my sample and
    I analyzed it incorrectly. Potplayer stalled out on it too.

But some progress made.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    FadeOut(15)
    Compare the total number of frames in your video before using the FadeOut and after. Maybe it doesn't matter. Maybe there's no audio. Maybe because it's a Fadeout at the very end of the video you don't care that there's an extra frame now. I use Fades throughout my videos and the last thing I need is the audio going out of synch because of it. It's better to develop good scripting habits from the beginning.
    Thanks for answering. Usually number of frames is not important because it's not often a transition. The cross fade I'm practicing on is a bit different where I have to hit the
    video and audio at a start of a performance. Regardless, I'm seeing and correcting errors now.
    That was not the case earlier.

Next step I should be able to add the audio instruction from FFVideoSource. Perhaps that is why VLC crashed. I check back in the posts for that. Again, there's lots of variables to keep an eye on yet. Thanks for your patience.

Plus I think I can do the code quote. Problem is I know next to nothing about html style markup.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Is that in a codec pack or something from VLC to install?
    VLC has no ability to use system installed codecs. It has a variety of decoders built in and can only use those.
    Quote Quote  
  14. The problem with VLC may well be a poorly constructed mkv file with no audio. I don't know the ins and outs of that yet-- or even if mkv should be used in that way. With proper demuxing indexing, whatever the exact term is, I think MeGui could handle that but haven't heard from hello_hello for a bit.

What all this may do is change my method of work leaving mkv container as a last step and not forming the container in the Handbrake recodes I'm doing.

For now some practice with AVISync tools and Virtual Dub is enough on my plate.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    No, it's not case sensitive. You can use big 'F' or little.

I had installed the ddl's in plugins.
    You didn't show your complete script? It was more than just the one line?

It just says...
    What is 'It'? VDub or MeGUI? I'd suggest opening your video in MeGUI and studying the script it gives back.

FadeIn(15)
    So, I guess you're happy changing the frame count by adding a frame to your source?

An additional color frame is added at the start/end, thus increasing the total frame count by one (or for FadeIO, by two).
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Fade

Yes, it's not intuitive. Yes, it's stupid. Yes, that's just the way it is. Use FadeIn0(15) instead.

Edit: Oh, I guess it is MeGUI. That calls for hello_hello as I don't have MeGUI installed.
    I'm responding here just because I failed to note this post earlier and didn't want you left hanging.

I've only opened MeGUI a couple times. Loaded in a clip. That's it. The work mentioned where I started to get a result is in Virtual Dub. Regardless of being unintutive (like a guide I saw for MKVCutter which fails to note a spot to _save_ the work as a step) it's all the terms and branches etc that is daunting.

I'll continue tomorrow to complete the script with the proper audio.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    The problem with VLC may well be a poorly constructed mkv file with no audio.
    MKV files do not need to have audio to play properly. If you think there's something wrong with your MKV file -- what does MediaInfo say about it? And how did you make the MKV file? VirtualDub doesn't natively support MKV. You need to specify your full AviSynth script, every program/step you used to produced the MKV file, and a MediaInfo report on the final file.

The work mentioned where I started to get a result is in Virtual Dub. Regardless of being unintutive
    1) File -> Open Video File, open your AVS script
    2) Video -> Compression, select a suitable codec and configure it
    3) File -> Save as AVI
    Last edited by jagabo; 22nd Jun 2017 at 07:33.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I may have to post a screen shot of mediaInfo or its text version of my sample before continuing.

So even though the drag and drop way works to Virtual Dub , it's not proper technique (?)

The MediaInfo i can do yet today.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Here is the MediaInfo text version of the clip I had selected. It may not even be a good
    item to practice on.

It comes from when I arbitrarily selected 800x600 resolution.
    The audio is AAC which means before I did any audio processing with Goldwave.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	practice clip.png
Views:	203
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	42009  

Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    So even though the drag and drop way works to Virtual Dub , it's not proper technique (?)
    Drag/drop usually works fine as an alternative to File -> Open Video File. The latter does let you select other options though.

Since you're not supplying the information asked for there no point in continuing.
    Quote Quote