VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some old files encoded with wmv2 and I tried to open one of them but the video is speeding up from time to time and then slowing down to normal speed. As a result I get 4 seconds shorter video file. Has someone experienced a similar problem and how can I solve it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Start by saying with which software you played the problematic files.
    Since those .ASFs are old, PERHAPS some data corruption happened, but this is just a wild guess
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  3. When playing with MPC-HC and VLC the video file has a "normal" duration and things seem to be OK during playback. However, when I open the file with LWLibavVideoSource I see that the video file is ~4 seconds shorter. The original file frame rate according to metadata is 24.917 fps.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Give a try to DirectShowSource and set convertfps=true to obtain a sane framerate value (e.g., 25 or 30 fps).
    Also, make sure that LAV filters (and not the native Windows demuxer and decoders) are being used.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you a lot for the help, definitely the video has VFR and it made problems with decoding. But everything is decoding properly with DirectShowSource.
    Quote Quote