VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Whether it's VOSK or Whisper, how is anyone to know when the model is updated and improved for accuracy?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Download the database then, and download it now (same level/version) and then do a bitwise compare. Or file timestamp compares.
    Or read any accompanying changelogs.

That's about it.

Whisper sounds VERY interesting...if you have lots of time to spare/wait, and you are using English language. Otherwise, still not ready for prime time (too high error rates, holes in model/stats logic)

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. The models are often held though (at least with Subtitle Edit) in uncommon file locations. At least so-called roaming locations are obscure to me.
    Where I personally alter subtitles made with the AI tools, it's still by hand. I have only done a couple of plays from start to finish as a hobby for some favorites.

Do the models have a specific file extension? Using SE makes any of this obscure since loading the models is inside SE. It's a great convenience but
    doing these sorts of things discussed requires more detail. I use the Everything file search tool. That works well for locating things.

Ok, I did a practice looking up VOSK and Everything found it. VOSK does have a version number .22 on it's zip file. Whisper seems to go by date stamp--
    last one 22 11 16.
    Quote Quote