VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi @ll,
    Having this nice little message in TMPGEnc, whenever I try to convert the second have of that Movie from *.avi to *.mpg-1 Reminds me of the Win blue screens.

Anyways, have any ideas how I can get the full movie converted - already redid the whole process twice (also the *.avi conversion). Can I repair or cut out corrupted frames w/ TMPGEnc ??

Greetinx - Patrick
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    If it is a divx avi, it probubly has to many dropped or corrupted frames, a big problem with downloaded movies from KAZAA, etc. You can fix it but it is a very tedious task, not one I cared to undertake. But you can find places that tell you how to do it, divxfix does not correct it. And the quality you usually end up with from DL movies does not warrent the time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Sommersby:

I am having the same problem...with a divx movie. The
    movie is very clean and what was encoded up to the point
    of the error looks great.

Not that I am sure I want to spend the time, as you say,
    but how do you fix it, just so I know.

Thanks,

Mike
    Quote Quote  
  4. Under Options
    Environmental Setting
    VFAPI plug-in
    Move AVI VFW to 1 instead of -2

Helps some times.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    To be honest with you I don't know all the steps for cutting out bad frames in a divx, I found the guide to doing it by searching around the net, maybe it was at the doom9 site, when I read through it and realized what a pain it was I said I would wait for the dvd and watch it on my puter till then....lol

You may try that last post sugjestion, I haven tried that yet, but will the next time I have a prob.
    Quote Quote  
  6. try this it might help it repairs DivX:
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/faq.htm#fixdivx
    Quote Quote  
  7. Same exact problem here. Going to try the previous suggested fixes but, I would be curious to hear what works for others.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-12-05 18:09:35, pinoy2201 wrote:
    try this it might help it repairs DivX:
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/faq.htm#fixdivx

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    That fix does not work for this problem, at least it has never repaired one I have tried it on, the only fix is to cut out the damaged frames and the audio that is associated with it, usually the video file plays fine as a divx because the damage goes by so fast you never see it, but the damaged area has to be cut out of the video before you can do anything with it.

If anyone can find a simple solution to this they should post it in CAPS!.....lol
    Quote Quote  
  9. It was Divx, I tried;

-divxfix
    -rekeying in virtualdub
    -changed AVI VFW priority

The only fix that worked was sommersby's suggestion of chopping out the bad frames. (it was one bad frame, when I brought up just that frame in the source range preview window in tmpgenc it generated the same error, virtualdub also had difficulties with the same frame)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and feedback.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Search and find "vdub-mp3-freeze.exe" then load the AVI, tell it to scan for freeze frames. The program creates a log on drive c of bad frames. Copy the first number in the list, go back to Vdub and select "GOTO" paste first number, click the yellow "Key frame" back once, and click start to mark start of chop, switch back to list of bad frames, scroll down and see if there is a jump, copy the last bad frame of the first list, switch back to Vdub, select GOTO, paste second number. Click yellow key frame forward once and mark end.

Press delete key to remove bad frames, select Video, and direct stream copy, same for audio.

SAVE AVI

If there is a second list of numbers, load new save file and do the same.

13411 (Second list starts here)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Thanx to @ll of U for the suggestions and hints. I tried to fix the divix w/ this fix.exe prog, but wouldn`t work. Since the quality of the movie was really nice, except this two stupied frames - I cut am out - an now having my individual copy of the movie which is about 3 seconds shorter

Since I have used VirtualDub to cut the movie apart. Anybody got an idea which prog/tool can handle *.dat movies, which seem to have a small error aswell? Cannot do that in Virtualdub - can I ?

Greetinx-
    Patrick
    Quote Quote  
  12. I had the same problem and got round it by loading the DivX avi via avisynth.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    KF,

Would it be possible to give a few details on how to fix
    this problem with Avisynth? If not, could me point me
    to someplace that talks about this?

Thanks,

Mike
    Quote Quote