VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. After following Martini's Guide for menu chapters etc, I go to burn the bin file as said in the how to section, (I've tried both Nero and CDRWin) but when I explore my @Burned VCD There is not a bit of anything on the damn thing, although you can see the cdisc has been written on. When inserted into standalone DVD player it just spits it out...What in the blue hell am I doing wrong ? Please help !
    Quote Quote  
  2. hey,

ok...i always use nero...others dont like it though

however this is how i do it

open nero, close the wizard
    go to file...burn image

then click to show all files
    add the movie.CUE file not the .bin (the cue tells the program the info about the bin)

then when it adds....just click write

has never not worked for me

as far as you playin it in your dvd player....is your dvd player vcd compatible?

check this sites dvd players section....see if yours is listed

also you can go to the dat file in the MPEGAV folder of your vcd....open it with windows media player or another media device.....if its there..and it works than its your dvd player and not your vcd

lemme know

marty
    Quote Quote  
  3. Cheers m8, I'll try that, and yes my standalone is vcd/cdr comp...Thanx again
    Quote Quote  
  4. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-10-08 11:52:39, Generator wrote:
    After following Martini's Guide for menu chapters etc, I go to burn the bin file as said in the how to section, (I've tried both Nero and CDRWin) but when I explore my @Burned VCD There is not a bit of anything on the damn thing, although you can see the cdisc has been written on. When inserted into standalone DVD player it just spits it out...What in the blue hell am I doing wrong ? Please help !
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

I had the same problem with Nero, Then I downloaded Fireburner and it works great.

OH

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OH on 2001-10-08 12:30:26 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  5. 1. Nero does not correctly burn CUE/BIN images and should never be used for this purpose for VCD creation.

2. CDR-Win will deviously burn coasters if you supply the wrong serial number

Otherwise, CDR-Win is undoubtedly the best CUE/BIN burner. For those wanting a freeware option, there is a Win32 build of CDRDAO. You can use the freeware GUI (XDuplicator) with this as well. If you search for these two proggies with Google, you will find them for download.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks OH, got fireburn and it does the job, but can you help with my other problem posted today ,Anyone ? (No hair left Tscv Arrggh) Cheers to Michael Tamm for the info...
    Quote Quote