VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was wondering if anyone could recommend a simple way to fix an audio sync issue within a wmv file I have. The wmv file was created from a live stream, so I don't have anything but the wmv file to work with. The audio is consistently 1/2 a second early throughout the entire video. Anyone know how I can fix this without having to convert to another format?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    AsfBin can fix that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there an alternative to asfbin? I have a wmv that is somehow 33.5 seconds out of sync. ASFbin allows for a max of 10s. How stupid is that!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by unknownsoldierX View Post
    Is there an alternative to asfbin? I have a wmv that is somehow 33.5 seconds out of sync. ASFbin allows for a max of 10s. How stupid is that!
    Did you try entering the number? (instead of using the GUI slider)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. In VLC, the audio is in perfect sync when I set it -33.500s. When I set Asfbin to -33500ms, it doesn't even get close to being in sync.

The audio in the original is 33.5 seconds late. The resulting file from asfbin is still at least 20 seconds late.
    Quote Quote  
  6. are you moving the right direction ?

sometimes a delay is + or - depending if it's expressed as audio or video "delay" and sometimes it's expressed as a "shift"
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. In VLC, setting -33.5 hastens the audio, as VLC says "(hastened)" when you add a - to the value. In asfbin, it is a delay setting, so using a negative number also hastens the audio. Seems that even though you can enter a value into asfbin, it is still limited to the range set by the bar, which is 10 seconds.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by unknownsoldierX View Post
    The audio in the original is 33.5 seconds late. The resulting file from asfbin is still at least 20 seconds late.
    Oops I didn't see that before posting above, must have been edited post . It looks like the correct direction if it's getting better

You might be able to do it with ffmpeg using -itsoffset , but I' m not entire sure on the syntax

It's going to look something like these examples
    http://www.kkoncepts.net/node/69
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/346293-Insert-Audio-Delay-With-ffmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  9. Also you might try the command line asfbin version (it might not be as limited as the GUI)
    http://www.radioactivepages.com/asfbindetails.aspx#cmdline

I think it should be
    asfbin -i input.wmv -o output.wmv -adelay -33.5
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Totally forgot that there was a CLI version of asfbin. It worked. Yay!

Thank you!
    Last edited by unknownsoldierX; 20th Nov 2012 at 15:31.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Out of curiosity - how in the world is the A/V sync more than 30secs off ? That' s huge!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No idea. It's something I downloaded and It was just like that. Not sure how it was made.
    Quote Quote