VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a question about a feature of subtitle workshop which I can't find... Is there any way I can sync my subtitles with a mouse click as soon as the dialogue is said so that when I release the mouse button, it automatically adjusts the timing of that particular line....there is another subtitle editor called DiVxLand which does that..but it doesn't support any UTF so I was wondering if workshop has that????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, it hasnt this feature. But if you convert subtitles from different FPS you can do it very easily there. Change input and output frames on upper left.
    Synchronization is made here, that when first dialog starts, you pause video by click. Then choose subtitle and press ctrl+1 and at last subtitle (with video sync) you press ctrl+2. By this you made 2 sync point and everything recalculates to this. You can add how many sync points as you want. ctrl + alt + P.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. will the 2 sync points work all the time?? 'cause the timing may vary at different lengths in my opinion
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try it, otherwise you can add more sync points if subtitles vary really much.
    It will work only if sync difference is linear.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks for that help...and I think I found that feature close to DIVXLand software; the set show time and set hide time do the same function as what I wanted....although it's not as swift as holding a mouse button and releasing it, I think this one does the trick for me....thanks on the sync points though
    Quote Quote