VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    Question....if one works and the other one doesn't...could that mean that there's something wrong with the script?
    No.

Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    Oh and by the way, I moved my VOB file folder to drive C away from my desktop where I keep the D2V folders. I think that's what was causing my problem.
    I guess you saw my post in your other thread.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Guys, thanks for all your help. I think I'll take it from here for now.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    How do I open the Avisynth script command screen with Virtualdub?

And why is AvsPmod not recognizing any of the commands that it suggests after I type them?

ex: I type PixieDust(limit=5) and it will say "script error: there is no function named pixie dust".
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    You mean to edit the script? You don't. VirtaulDub doesn't include a script editor. You have to use VirtualDubMod for that.

And why is AvsPmod not recognizing any of the commands that it suggests after I type them?

ex: I type PixieDust(limit=5) and it will say "script error: there is no function named pixie dust".
    Probably because you haven't downloaded and installed the filters.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    jagabo, can I get a quick hand with that?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm not jagabo but most third party filters and/or functions can be found either here:

http://avisynth.org/warpenterprises/

or here (including PixieDust):

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/External_filters
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Only with VDubmod, type control-E. Not in the vanilla VDub.

Only the "core filters" are included in the Avisynth distribution. Many other functions and scripts are written and made available by users (and documented in AvsPmod) you have to download and usually copy the dll or AVSI into your plugins folder.

All of this explained in the documentation I pointed you to 120 posts ago.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well folks, I'm happy to announce that for the most part, all is set up and I've been testing Avisynth scripts and experimenting with my video. I even rendered a test script to HCEnc and created an mpeg (although it comes out with blocky artifacts on areas that were cleaned with hqnq3d and temporal smoother) but I'll keep toying with it. The point is that I'm finally a noob on his way to being one of the pros and I want to thank you all for your help. Alan, particularly you since your AvsPmod suggestion was the best thing there was for me. AND your advice on how to install external filters and make them work.

And you gave up on me (SHAME! lol). See? I got it.

So, thanks to EVERYONE who has posted on this thread for your help. I'll keep posting.

By the way, how do I load a Virtualdub plugin successfully into an avisynth script? I've tried with LoadVirtualdubPlugin("pathname") but nothing happened. Am I missing something?
    Quote Quote  
  9. http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Plugins

LoadVirtualDubPlugin ("filename", "filtername", preroll)
    That loads the plugin and names the filter "filtername" (or whatever you call it). You then have to call the filter somewhere within your script:

LoadVirtualDubPlugin ("filename", "filtername")
    AviSource("filename.avi')
    ConvertToRGB32() #virtualdub filters require RGB32
    filtername()
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ok jokers, this is the way I wrote the script working with AvsPMod and it does not recognize it:

LoadVirtualdubPlugin("vdub plugins","neatvideo")
    MPEG2Source("C:\Users\mikey\Desktop\2dv files\killerwatt\killerwatt.d2v", cpu=6)
    ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec601", interlaced=false)

Also, AvsPmod doesn't understand the term "preroll"

What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    LoadVirtualdubPlugin("vdub plugins","neatvideo")
    You have to give the full path and name of the plugin you want to load:

LoadVirtualdubPlugin("C:\Program Files\VirtualDub\plugins\NeatVideo.vdf", "neatvideo")
    MPEG2Source("C:\Users\mikey\Desktop\2dv files\killerwatt\killerwatt.d2v", cpu=6)
    ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec601", interlaced=false)
    neatvideo()
    I've never used Neat Video in AviSynth so I don't know what arguments you need to supply. See the Neat Video docs, chapter 10:

http://www.neatvideo.com/files/NVVDUG.pdf

Also, AvsPmod doesn't understand the term "preroll"
    You probably don't have to worry about the preroll argument. The Neat Video docs should mention it if you do.
    Last edited by jagabo; 12th Mar 2011 at 22:01.
    Quote Quote