VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,

I've got a power calibration error when i start burning a DVD-R. It concerns Ritek G04 disks (Ritek is the brand) at 4X only. However they work at 2X. I tried another brand, TDK, which have worked each time at 4X. I tested with both Nero 6.0.0.23 and Nero 5.5.10.X. The firmware is up to date (1.08). Anyway i tried all of them, official and unofficial, since 1.05. Ritek G04 medias are supposed to be supported at 4X since this version actually.

I could burn my Ritek G04 at 4X only a very few times. Some people having the Nec 1300A have already reported the exact same thing as me. But for most people, there's absolutely no problem. I don't understand why it worked 2-3 times only and why TDK disks have no problem for burning at 4X. Yes, i could change the disks but TDK costs around 5 € /media which is almost 4 times more expensive. Plus, Ritek G04 disks are reported compatible on almost 100 DVD players !

Would you think the issue is hardware ? I'm doubtful. I read somewhere the problem may be the power supply or the temperature. My burner is on secondary master (alone). I wonder if it's possible. On the system side, all my drivers are updated, XP too. Everything is stable so i'm kinda lost there.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have burned about 50 RITEK G04's in my new 1300a and had no issues. They burn great at 4x. OEM Firmware (drive was manufactured less than 90 days ago), Nero 6.0.19

1) Are they true RITEK G04's, or could they be fakes?
    2) Do you have UDMA enabled?
    3) Kill your virus scanner
    4) Can you burn an ISO with DVDDecryptor (I can't, newest version barfs with buffer underrun)?
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Gazorgan
    I have burned about 50 RITEK G04's in my new 1300a and had no issues. They burn great at 4x. OEM Firmware (drive was manufactured less than 90 days ago), Nero 6.0.19

1) Are they true RITEK G04's, or could they be fakes?
    2) Do you have UDMA enabled?
    3) Kill your virus scanner
    4) Can you burn an ISO with DVDDecryptor (I can't, newest version barfs with buffer underrun)?
    1/ Yes, they're true Ritek. I am sure.
    2/ Yes it's enabled.
    3/ I don't have one.
    4/ I haven't tried DVDdecryptor. Actually, i need to burn from hard drive only (DVD ROM and mostly DVD Video).

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The drive uses so-called - ACTOPC – dynamically monitoring writing power and reflection of the media in use, calculating the optimum laser power and adjusting it to real-time.

So, it would react to inconsistent media quality and adjust laser power output AND rotational speed if the media doesn't meet reflective expectations.

One of the reasons I got the NEC myself :P
    Quote Quote