VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know this topic may be around here somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I see a lot of people wanting to convert to WMV but not from WMV.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get a WMV file to view it larger without any quality loss? For instance if I convert a WMV file to DVD it looks like crap. How can I view it larger without quality loss? The ultimate goal is to be able to view it on my TV. It can be DVD or Divx since I have a Divx player.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by tommyoz
    Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get a WMV file to view it larger without any quality loss? For instance if I convert a WMV file to DVD it looks like crap. How can I view it larger without quality loss? The ultimate goal is to be able to view it on my TV.
    Can't be done I am afraid, you are pretty much stuck with whatever your source material quality is like. About all you can do is make it look worse by converting it badly.

In theory it is possible to improve a persons perception of the quality of a video slightly by careful use of filters, but low bitrate wmv (or any other format) does not take well to filtering.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks a million, now I don't have to waste my time trying to do so.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yeah thanks bugster....that's real good to know
    Quote Quote