VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to make a small mpg file to go before my svcds. This will be like an ‘intro’ title made from a jpg. ( I know how to make the jpg a mpg file in VCDeasy) but is there someway I can make the jpg fade in from black then stay on screen say 5 secs and then fade to black again, then onto the movie?

Anyhelp would be great and all suggestions ideas welcome!
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    to get that fade, you'd probably have to use some sort of video software.

import your jpg, stretch it out on the timeline, and apply a fade in and fade out. Doing this in Vegas Video is really easy.

You could also use Flash if you have access to it, there's another program called Swish, I've made some intro movies in that - it's basically a stripped-down Flash alternative, but it outputs to avi as well as swf. Not sure if there's a demo out, it's around $50 for the program.

For total freeware, I'm sure you could do it in MovieXone, do a Google search for the free version.

But since it's a really short movie, you should be able to use some of the trial versions around, even if they cap output files at 30 seconds...
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
  3. housepig

thanks for the reply. I have flash but have not really looked at it so I might give it a try on there!
    Ill let you know how I get on!
    Quote Quote  
  4. ShorN, I was playing around with windows movie maker 2 (I know, no one likes windows products) but I found it very simple to do an intro clip for my home made dvds. I entered some text and then applied an animation, there is about 12 or so different ones.
    save the project as an AVI and there you go.
    good luck.
    Quote Quote