VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

been using RipBot successfully for some time now. Lately, the last 5 or so encodes have had nasty audio sync issues where the audio lags behind by as much as 5 seconds or more.

These happen to be re-encodes of DVD RIPS done with MakeMKV from DVDs.

So, I open MakeMKV, feed it the VIDEO_TS or DVD Drive, pick the main title and rip. Then I open it up in RipBot264 1.13.3, pick the video source I just created, default profile (L4.0) and let er rip (pun intended)

The resulting files have all been audio behind video by long times.

Any ideas what the heck I am doing wrong?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is the A/V desync constant (ie. the same value all the way through)? If so just add the delay value when muxing

Does this occur when you don't use makemkv ? I don't see why you are using the extra step, you are adding uncessary complexity allow for more problems to occur.

Is the output from makemkv in sync (before putting it through ripbot)?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try instead rip using LATEST dvdfab decrypter. Import the VTS_0X_0.VOB in Ripbot264.

Or use HandBrake!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    Is the A/V desync constant (ie. the same value all the way through)? If so just add the delay value when muxing

Does this occur when you don't use makemkv ? I don't see why you are using the extra step, you are adding uncessary complexity allow for more problems to occur.

Is the output from makemkv in sync (before putting it through ripbot)?
    I can do that of course, but, I am looking to the reason why it happens at all. And it is constant it seems.

It never happened to me with Blu-Ray sources.. this is my first time from an MKV out of MakeMKV and RipBot. Yes the output of the MakeMKV is prefect. I just have so many 5GB to 10GB rips from my DVD collection, I wanted to shrink them down as much as I can to make more room (over 500 DVDs so far)

I am now trying Handbrake...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Try instead rip using LATEST dvdfab decrypter. Import the VTS_0X_0.VOB in Ripbot264.

Or use HandBrake!
    I have AnyDVD-HD and it works great. I just have a problem with the VOBs ... With MakeMKV I get a single file.

Does RipBot handle VOBs correctly? I have not tried. I know Handbrake does. I am now trying it with the FILM profile and upping the quality to 2500 from the base 1800 to get a bit more quality out of it.

I meant Bit Rate

Thanks for the tips
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Quick update:

RipBot264 still has issues. I have also noticed that the video runs at about 2x speed... I did have a successful conversion with Handbrake but it crashes on me from time to time in the middle of a big encode and also has no pass through for all audio streams, like DTS or True-HD, only AC3.

All in all, it is better than my alternatives right now.

Questions:

--Is there a way to adjust the LEVEL on Handbrake? I see it change when I pick PS3 preset but then goes away on all others. IS there a setting for it somewhere in the GUI?

--Are there any drawback to selecting really high rates (I have been using 15000 Kb/s) with 1080p sources

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi there. I've the same problem with audio sync. So here is my situation:
    I record .avi videos using latest version of bandicam (using x264 codec). After recording i've checked made video and its video and audio were synchronized. Next step was to add new video to ripbot to compress and make it brighter. But the audio of the video file from ripbot was out of sync.

But, if u run virtualdub to sync audio and video of the video file made by bandicam before running ripbot, and then give the ripbot the video file made by vitrualdub, the ripbot would make the video file with sync audio and video.

I would like to know how is that possible? May it be due to using AviSynth overall? And how can it be fixed?
    Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Guys

Did some checking on the rips with ripbot. The newer versions of ripbot have changed some of the verbage under the audio menu. You have to make sure what you are selecting when doing your conversions.I found with my settings was getting out of sync on my samsung tv. So i played the video on
    the computer to see if that was happening at all.It played fine, but checked the audio codec that it used and found out that is was flac codec. That was
    causing the sync issues. I changed it to anything but flac and the audio was just fine. If you want to keep the 5.1 audio in your progect just make sure
    its not set on flac audio you will have sync issues.Other than that the rips are fine and play norman on the samsung tv without any issues.

Pete
    Last edited by pjbelman; 25th Sep 2024 at 22:05.
    Quote Quote