VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This evening, I had my digital camera (Kodak Easyshare Z730) hooked up to the computer to import some video clips of me for a school project and edit them together. I decided it would be a good time to upload some other recent photos/videos from the camera onto my computer (a Windows 10 laptop) using the Kodak Easyshare software I've had installed on it since December 2022. However, it wasn't opening, so I restarted my computer a few times and unfortunately, it still did NOT open.

I was getting very concerned about losing all of the files I had previously uploaded from my camera onto my laptop as I have yet to burn those photos and videos onto a DVD until I searched through File Explorer and was luckily able to find all of them (as well as all of the previous owner's photos that I've uploaded to my computer). I moved all of those files into a more accessible folder on the start menu.

Still, it's annoying to not have the application that I've installed from the official software CD (which the seller kindly included in the listing) not open due to the fact that it has a burn to CD/DVD button built into it and instead, I guess I now have to look for some other program to be able to perform this task (especially for images, as I already have DVDStyler for videos and video menus).

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the app to actually open instead of just giving me a loading cursor for a few seconds and then nothing happening? I've tried pretty much everything (including opening the file wizard and clicking the "repair" option) and still nothing is happening. I've also tried running it in compatibility mode (which I've never had to do with older applications before, but decided to try it anyways) and it still won't open.
    Last edited by DVDCollector101; 18th Mar 2024 at 23:38. Reason: adding more information
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Most cameras can be accessed as drive through file explorer once you plug them in with USB. You shouldn't really need the Kodak software.
    Quote Quote