VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, yes my title is a little bit misleading, I know Adobe has already supported Variable Framerate with modes like Preserve Audio Sync and Smooth Video Option. So I'm working with a raw .TS footage recorded from VLC, with a IP (IPTV), and Adobe Premiere Pro is kinda a hit or miss, sometimes it works well with .TS files and doesn't have audio out of sync problems. But even if there is, sometimes the option in Effects (MPEG Source Settings) is available to make the audio correct, but sometimes it's not available and I have to unlink the footage from the audio and manually adjust the audio sync.

Source Settings:
    1920x1080
    Interlaced
    10MBPS Bitrate
    VFR

Anyway that I can fix the settings problems? Or even anything else that may work?
    I don't want to switch the footage to CBR cause it's a waste of memory and I don't want to infinitely extend the file size and also it takes forever to change cause my footage is like one hour long.
    If I must use Handbrake to decode into CBR, is there any software out there that works with .TS footage with VFR?

Thank you all for helping with me if possible.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The latest version of Premier Pro handle Variable Frame Rate very well. What version are you using?
    Also, it appears you might be getting frame rate and bitrate confused, or are you asking two different questions?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    The latest version of Premier Pro handle Variable Frame Rate very well. What version are you using?
    Also, it appears you might be getting frame rate and bitrate confused, or are you asking two different questions?
    V13.0.2 (Build 38) and no, the overall question here is about audio out of sync in Premiere Pro, and I've been around forums and almost all of them say to fix this you have to use Handbrake to change into CBR from VBR since it's VBR that's screwing up the audio sync in Premiere.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You're on the current build, so I'm not sure what to say. I've had no problems with for example VFR phone videos for about a year now, though it was disastrous before that.

I had always found TMPGenc Video Mastering Works excellent for keeping audio in sync, even with very funky skype recordings -- but that's a conversion, like Handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    You're on the current build, so I'm not sure what to say. I've had no problems with for example VFR phone videos for about a year now, though it was disastrous before that.

I had always found TMPGenc Video Mastering Works excellent for keeping audio in sync, even with very funky skype recordings -- but that's a conversion, like Handbrake.
    Yeah I looked into TMPGenc, but considering I'm still a student and self funded, $122 is too expensive for me, any other recommendations? And as well I need more precise editing, I'm just using handbrake in built seconds spiltter to cut but it's not precise as well.
    Quote Quote  
  6. If the problem is VFR (Variable FRAME Rate) you may convert to CFR (Constant FRAME Rate) before throwing the clip to any NLE.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    If the problem is VFR (Variable FRAME Rate) you may convert to CFR (Constant FRAME Rate) before throwing the clip to any NLE.
    I don't want to switch the footage to CFR cause it's a waste of memory and I don't want to infinitely extend the file size and also it takes forever to change cause my footage is like one hour long.
    Quote Quote  
  8. No need to shout. But you seem to repeatedly mix up Constant Frame Rate and Constant Bit Rate.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Two more thoughts.

You can try converting your footage within Premiere to a low resolution CFR proxy -- use that to do your editing and then link back to the full rez for output.

The other thing is -- sometimes some footage is problematic and just has to be dealt with in non-preferred ways. That's life in the editing world. You only have an hour of footage (I missed that before,) so convert it and move on. It could have been done in far less time than you've spent on this thread.

Also TMPGenc has a trial period which is more than sufficient to do your conversion without paying.

Best of luck.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Amazing how many folk will take 3 right turns to avoid having to make a left turn.

Scott
    Quote Quote