VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Downloaded and installed AVIdemux 2.7.1 and went to chop a commercial from an MKV with HEVC video. It has a bug. If you use the next keyframe button to set start and end markers, it complains that they're not on keyframes. Use the previous keyframe button and there are no complaints.

However, I get identical corruption for a few frames after the edit if I set the end marker with the next or previous button. The only difference with using previous is there's one additional frame left in. I'm doing a passthrough copy of audio and video.

Before editing those frames are fine.

So, is there another program that can edit this file, with passthrough for video and audio, that won't screw up a few frames?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I believe Videoredo can do HEVC now days with the newest version but I have no experience with that.

Edit: Nvm, they have HEVC support planned for Videoredo v6.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I'm using Avidemux. To skip to next I frame or previous I frame using arrows Up or Down. For next frame arrows right or left. You can also try combination with shift or ctrl for faster movment in timeline. I'm cutting start and end of HEVC recordings frequently in direct stream copy, and have no troubles. Only once. It gets me a warning. Probably because I use UI buttons. Still not sure why.
    So probably only UI arrows are somehow affected.

Edit: Also have noticed, that is better press A and B point twice to get this point in precise position. So when set start point I always click on A twice (as double click) same for end B. But B needn't to be on I frame and frame accuracy there isn't so much important.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 25th Jun 2018 at 00:11. Reason: Edit
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    I believe Videoredo can do HEVC now days with the newest version but I have no experience with that.

Edit: Nvm, they have HEVC support planned for Videoredo v6.
    It can open HEVC but can't write it. I didn't see any option for a direct stream copy.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi,
    I'm using Avidemux. To skip to next I frame or previous I frame using arrows Up or Down. For next frame arrows right or left. You can also try combination with shift or ctrl for faster movment in timeline. I'm cutting start and end of HEVC recordings frequently in direct stream copy, and have no troubles. Only once. It gets me a warning. Probably because I use UI buttons. Still not sure why.
    So probably only UI arrows are somehow affected.

Edit: Also have noticed, that is better press A and B point twice to get this point in precise position. So when set start point I always click on A twice (as double click) same for end B. But B needn't to be on I frame and frame accuracy there isn't so much important.

Bernix
    I dunno why it's corrupting some frames after the cut. It jumps back and forth a bit like it's swapped the order of alternating frames with a bit of blockiness like there's missing data. The end frame of the commercial is solid black and the next frame is much lighter. It should be a very clean break, not depending on any prior data to display properly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    it is not always I-frame even scene change is really big. Typ of frame you can see bellow the timeline. But I'm sure, you knows it. I recording from DVB-T2 to tsv format. Renaming to TS. When loaded this to Avidemux, there is not too much keyframes. So I remux it to mkv in mkvtoolnix, then load to avidemux and situation with keyframes is much better. Don't know why, but it is this weird behavior. Probably someone will explain it.

Also if you want cut on I frame (I frame included), you have to have it on this I frame set and then delete. Not frame before. But I think, you all this know. Just to clarify it.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 25th Jun 2018 at 04:24. Reason: Edit
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used the frame AVIdemux stopped on as a Keyframe, seeking first one way, then the other.
    Quote Quote