VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I'm currently looking into buying an editing software to edit videos with.
    I just ended a trial period of Vegas, and I think it's great to work with - but before I buy I would like to hear what other use and their recommendations.

Looking forward to hear from you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    If you are profi of course. But you can try Kdenlive if you are just video fan. It is free under developement. It will not bite you
    And what mean $600 for you? For me lots of money

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like Corel VideoStudio for price, features, ease of use etc. I have had no crashes and no audio sync problems which I have had with Premier Pro. Magix has worked pretty good also. If you go with Sony I would go with Sony Movie Studio instead of Sony Pro. IMO not worth the app $400 extra money. Corel still gets my vote and is the program still on my computer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi both,

Thank you for your replies. It helps me a lot

[tigermanu8u] I tried Corel a couple of months back. I did a simple test with a small video clip and it lacked horrible inside the program. I thought it would be better when I rendered it out - but it was the same.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tigerman8u View Post
    ---Magix has worked pretty good also. If you go with Sony I would go with Sony Movie Studio instead of Sony Pro. IMO not worth the app $400 extra money.---
    In addition to their previous software MAGIX now owns (as of May 20, 2016) the Sony Vegas Pro and Movie Studio product lines as well. Sony's (SCS) last releases of those products were Vegas Pro 13 (Edit/Pro/Suite early 2014, last Sony/SCS update June 2015) and Movie Studio 13 (basic/Platinum/Suite early 2014, last Sony/SCS update Sept. 2015). MAGIX released their Movie Studio 14 products 2/2017 with several updates later. MAGIX released Vegas Pro 14 Sept. 2016 and v 15 Aug. 2017). So there are no current Sony Movie Studios. The link here takes you to MAGIX Movie Studios. If you go with Movie Studio, forget the basic version.
    Last edited by vkmast; 18th Oct 2017 at 05:40.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I second VideoStudio Pro X10 for ease of use and power. It also has a story board view which Vegas does not have and a quicker learning curve. Also, an excellent forum at:
    http://forum.corel.com/EN/viewforum.php?f=1
    Last edited by pepegot1; 18th Oct 2017 at 08:47.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Pro Version of Vegas has the compositing tools that you don't know you'll need yet.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I found this Youtube review of Premiere/After Effects vs HitFilm vs Vegas.
    It is really worth watching if you can't decide as I couldn't.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnXBvqIefzo

I ended up buying Vegas, and decided to go with the Suite edition to get all the extra stuff.
    As many other people I dislike Adobe's supscription method.
    Quote Quote  
  9. You could, of course, gone with DaVinci Resolve. The fully featured Studio version is $299, or the non studio version which has fewer features is FREE.
    Quote Quote