VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How to remove ghosting from progressive VOB ?

Samples:
    1. https://mega.nz/#!BUQQTCzD!yXlaDh5fA_mSAxdH-WcXu62hF1-2fr4Ka5IXrqhfxCs
    2. https://mega.nz/#!gIZwgbiI!1ILnT61u4XneTgVs8jF0XVBlPAQRdOLKzYHl6UeR540

Tryed selectevery(5,0,1,2,3) but it not worked on vub file. Both samples are from one vob file.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I thought SRestore alone would do it but CDeblend did a better job for me. So:

CDeblend()
    TDecimate(Mode=1)

It's still by no means perfect, but better than anything else I could come up with. I'll include it along with the video results, if you're interested. I only looked at the first sample.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. CDeblend doesn't do anything for me -- it doesn't change any frames at all. I'm using the version download from post #2. Any Ideas? Maybe it's a Masktools2 version problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't know why CDeblend would work (somewhat) for one but not the other. I was going to provide the MVTools I'm using to see if it works better for you, but I think I found a better way that uses SRestore:

Srestore(omode="pp1")
    TDecimate(Mode=1)

Just to confirm, I also downloaded and tested on the second sample. For the first sample, except for blended first and last frames (which don't count), I think it works very well. For the second sample, you have the first two frames still blended (which don't count) and blended scene changes (which also don't count with blended sources). Other than that it also seems to work well.

And for marconii2002's benefit, when testing, you can't seek directly to the place you want to check as SRestore won't work well doing that. You have to 'sneak up' on that place, beginning maybe as far back as 100 frames earlier. Going backwards also seems to mess it up.
    Quote Quote  
  6. FixBlendIVTC() worked fairly well on samples. It also left blended frames at scene changes.
    Quote Quote