VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, since it will take some doing for me to now go build a video library to match my mp3 playlists I am wondering if there is any subscription based video option like Spotify or Google access? I figure it might be best to pay a monthly fee to a large database and watch videos without ads like youtube, any referrals please?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just the usual: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon

They are all pay services and none are complete one service options for a huge catalog of titles. Titles are added and removed and license contracts change.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes of course I expect they would be paid service. I have over 15k tunes in my library, to get the corresponding 1k+ videos would be expensive in any case. I figure better I join a service if it's cheap enough to view videos from a large database whenever needed, I need no simpler or cheaper option?

For paid service, which ones would you guys recommend please?
    Quote Quote  
  4. are you referring to music videos?

then www.youtube.com

Google Play store , Amazon and I-tunes come as paid options

As most legal paid options you get a pay per piece pricing..
    No such thing as a bulk subscription for videos
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The difference being the Spotify library contains the complete library of most major record labels. The music is always there and always available (hence your playlists are always valid).

There isn't a similar service for video. There is little to no overlap between services, so you could subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon and still not have an equivalent size movie library. And the library changes (Netflix varies month to month), so you won't always have the same content available. They are nice to have for random content or for TV content. If your habits are just to watch whatever catches your eye and you don't watch the same things over and over, either/all of them are a good choice. If you want a library of your favorite movies/TV shows available whenever you want to watch them, your only real option is to buy the material and create your own library.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What about youtube subscription? I have asked on their support forum would I be able to see every video just as everyone is able to do now or would they have only selected videos to chose from? Also would those videos be ad-free?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What type of "videos" are you referring to?

ALL of my comments are based on movie/TV show content. Most of which isn't available on Youtube.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh sorry, I should have mentioned music videos. I called youtube just an hour ago, seems their 9.99 per month would be the best option. No ads which is the main issue with free viewing and all videos available as with the free service.
    Quote Quote  
  9. but is it possible to get google play credits using any app listed above?
    Quote Quote  
  10. StroggCore
    Originally Posted by AlbertS7 View Post
    but is it possible to get google play credits using any app listed above?
    I don't think so. You can't earn google credits this way. But you can find it elsewhere. There are a lot of sites which gives you tests and other stuff like that. You complete it and they give you some credits. Then you buy different stuff on Google Play. It can't be provided by Google Play apps. Wait a second. I've seen an article about this stuff recently. There is much more information about it. Found it! There is information about credits themselves and ways of earning it.

Voila:
    https://yourmoneygeek.com/free-google-play-credit/
    Quote Quote